Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #16
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Did I get the filenames exactly right? Can you right-click on the newly-created libhunspell.so link in the Dolphin file-browser and select "Find Target" with no errors?
I dont have Dolphin, but would this answer your query ?
Code:
ron@localhost:/usr/lib/sigil $ ls -l
total 7004
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      35 Feb 11 04:39 libhunspell.so -> /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.6.so.0.0.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  405984 Aug 10  2018 libsigilgumbo.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1458992 Aug 10  2018 libsigilxml2.so.2.9.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      21 Feb 10 10:06 libxml2.so.2 -> libsigilxml2.so.2.9.4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5298944 Aug 10  2018 sigil
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes. So long as that exact target exists in /usr/lib64/, that should work. It certainly did for me on the same system/setup. Sigil's Python plugin framework first looks for libhunspell in the same directory as the sigil binary (in /usr/lib/sigil/) before looking elsewhere in the system. I can't explain why it won't work for you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, just a shot in the dark here, but have you installed the -devel package for lib64hunspell? I did add that package when I was trying to figure out what was going wrong. It's been a while since I was on a distro that split out the dev stuff from their packages.

Not really sure that should make a difference, but I'm out of ideas.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #19
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Quote:
Hey, just a shot in the dark here, but have you installed the -devel package for lib64hunspell? I
In addition to the ordianry package, or instead of ?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

In addition to. The regular package is a prerequisite for the development package. You can't install the devel package without the regular one getting installed as well. There should be a -devel or -dev package that corresponds to the lib64hunspell-1.6 package.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #21
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
In addition to. The regular package is a prerequisite for the development package. There should be a -devel or -dev package that corresponds with the lib64hunspell-1.6 package.
OK Ta; will do and report.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #22
rolgiati
Groupie

Sorry, but no cigar ;-3(
Old 02-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm baffled. This makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Try this: from a command prompt, type python3.

At the >>> prompt, type the following lines one-at-time followed by the Enter key after each one:

from ctypes.util import find_library
print(find_library("hunspell"))
print(find_library("hunspell-1.3"))
print(find_library("hunspell-1.6"))

Let me know what the output of each print command is. You can exit the python shell with quit() or exit()
Old 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #25
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
Try this: from a command prompt, type python3.
At the >>> prompt, type the following lines one-at-time followed by the Enter key after each one:
from ctypes.util import find_library
print(find_library("hunspell"))
print(find_library("hunspell-1.3"))
print(find_library("hunspell-1.6"))
Let me know what the output of each print command is. You can exit the python shell with quit() or exit()
To hear is to obey ;-3)

Code:
ron@localhost:~ $ python3
Python 3.6.5 (default, Jan 16 2019, 21:12:16) 
[GCC 7.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from ctypes.util import find_library
>>> print(find_library("hunspell"))
None
>>> print(find_library("hunspell-1.3"))
libhunspell-1.3.so.0
>>> print(find_library("hunspell-1.6"))
libhunspell-1.6.so.0
>>> exit()
ron@localhost:~ $
Thank you again for your patience.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #26
rolgiati
Groupie

Going off at a tangent, I have just been told on the PCLinuxOS that the PyQt5, tkinter, PIL, cssselect, cssutils, html5lib, regex and chardet"missing" packages are not really needed for Sigil, and that I have added un-needed rubbish.

Does that make sense ?
Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolgiati View Post
Going off at a tangent, I have just been told on the PCLinuxOS that the PyQt5, tkinter, PIL, cssselect, cssutils, html5lib, regex and chardet"missing" packages are not really needed for Sigil, and that I have added un-needed rubbish.

Does that make sense ?
They are not needed to let Sigil run and to edit epubs. True.

But those who say that you have added "un-needed rubbish" clearly don't know a thing about Sigil plugins. Those extra modules make up our "standard" modules available to all plugin developers. On Windows and Mac, those modules (and a bundled version of Python) all ship with our Sigil installer. They are expected to be available to all Sigil plugins and plugin devs on all platforms. That is what the test plugin was created for: to allow Linux users and/or packagers determine whether or not Sigil is fully plugin-ready.

So if you (or anyone) don't want to make use of any Sigil plugins, then by all means, feel free to not install any of those extras. But if you DO want to make use of Sigil plugins, then those are the modules that plugin developers will assume you already have installed.

Some Linux distros poo-poo them as completely unnecessary, some list them as optional dependencies. PCLinuxOS is clearly a distro that has very little knowledge of Sigil itself in general. Hence why I'm trying to help you make their unusual Sigil package work as it was intended to. If you remember correctly, their Sigil package wasn't working for you even BEFORE you started installing the unnecessary rubbish. That ought to tell you something about what "they say" at PCLinuxOS.

I've tried joining the PCLOS forums in the past (so I could offer direct assistance with their Sigil issues), but they have no automatic registration. That may cut down on spam, but I draw the line at "emailing someone my desired username and password" to join a forum.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-11-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #28
rolgiati
Groupie

Quote:
They are not needed to let Sigil run and to edit epubs. True.
<snip
Thank you for the clear explaination.

I see now that I accidentally wandered in the middle of a quasi-religious dispute ;-3(
Old 02-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolgiati View Post
Thank you for the clear explaination.

I see now that I accidentally wandered in the middle of a quasi-religious dispute ;-3(
No problem.

To be fair, though ... it's mostly on their end. They're under the impression that we (Sigil) hate Linux and only want to support Windows and Mac. Not sure where they got that idea as I do all of my Sigil development on Linux. But any time there's a problem raised, they tell people it must be on our end and send them here.

I'm happy to help the end-user as much as I can, but I'm not going to take the rap for things breaking because of their non-standard approach to things over there. We've bent over backward to help Debian, Ubuntu and Arch be able to deliver Sigil packages that work out of the box. I'd help PCLOS too, if they'd reach out instead of pretending everything's perfect on their end (and it must be us).
Old 02-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #30
rolgiati
Groupie

For your information: PCLinuxOS has today, maybe in reply with the discussion I started on the PCLOX forum, added a sigil-plugin-framework package that add all the testplugin found missing in my Sigil ;-3)

One last question: Where does one find plugins for Sigil ?