Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #61
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I prefer the mechanical ones too, but I would have had a much easier time with the haptic on the Voyage if there was more bezel to hold on to the device while pressing. That has been my issue. They are placed in such a way that it keeps slipping out of my hand because I am trying not to encroach on the screen with my thumb. I have small hands so I need something to hold on to.
Which raises the question, why not just go ahead and the tap the screen instead of trying to hit a narrow vaguely defined strip. Some things don't need to be reinvented
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #62
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I like the page turn buttons on the Kindle keyboard the best. Some complained about accidental presses, but for me they were placed exactly right and had the best feel when clicked. The haptic buttons are useless for me. I like to see and feel where I'm supposed to press.
I like the 3's keys also. Actually there is a lot I still like about the Kindle Keyboard. I like reading on it better than on my Kindle Basic (8th generation) and it (now) definitely handles "Send to Kindle" files better than the Kindle Basic. I can also use my Kobo Cliip Light on it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2019, 07:51 AM   #63
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I have a Voyage but it's battery is getting weak. I read on it for about 2 hours yesterday, beginning at 100% and ending at 63%. It makes me sad.
Don't be sad, just replace the battery. Kindle Voyages appear to be about the easiest Kindles made for replacing batteries.

See the video at ...

https://www.newpower99.com/Kindle_Vo...ge-nm460gz.htm

I think you can get the battery elsewhere for a little less.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #64
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
For a different perspective—I really like the haptic buttons on my Voyage. I prefer them over regular buttons and over tapping/swiping on a screen. I can hold my Voyage with my tomb resting on the button and just give the unit a slight squeeze when I’m ready to turn the page.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:16 PM   #65
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I would love to see a 7 or 8 inch device in the voyage form. It is more than thin enough and had a hell better battery life than the Oasis
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #66
azt33
Connoisseur
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I would love to see a 7 or 8 inch device in the voyage form. It is more than thin enough and had a hell better battery life than the Oasis
Tell me about it - I have the Oasis 2 that I received on Friday. But I don't think I'll be able to cope with the battery life, so I am thinking it might go back to Amazon. I'll stick with my Voyage for a few more years, until either a new Voyage comes out, or they seriously upgrade the battery in the Oasis 2/3/4!
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:43 AM   #67
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Which raises the question, why not just go ahead and the tap the screen instead of trying to hit a narrow vaguely defined strip. Some things don't need to be reinvented
Which raises the question: why move your finger over and tap, when a button is right under your finger?

I'd like to see a reader with the haptic functionality in the entire bezel and where I can define where I need to press to page advance, so I can hold the reader in a way which is most comfortable to me.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #68
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Don't be sad, just replace the battery. Kindle Voyages appear to be about the easiest Kindles made for replacing batteries.

See the video at ...

https://www.newpower99.com/Kindle_Vo...ge-nm460gz.htm

I think you can get the battery elsewhere for a little less.
any idea if the Voyage can be upgraded with more storage space?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #69
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
any idea if the Voyage can be upgraded with more storage space?
Nope. It doesn't use an internal SD card.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And before anyone asks: no other Kindles do, either.

Internal storage on an SD card instead of an eMMC chip on lower-end devices is a Kobo staple, not Amazon's .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #71
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Nope. It doesn't use an internal SD card.
Bummer...
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:27 AM   #72
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Bummer...
i don't think we will every have a kindle that uses SD card unfortunately
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #73
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by azt33 View Post
Tell me about it - I have the Oasis 2 that I received on Friday. But I don't think I'll be able to cope with the battery life, so I am thinking it might go back to Amazon. I'll stick with my Voyage for a few more years, until either a new Voyage comes out, or they seriously upgrade the battery in the Oasis 2/3/4!

I know and I am very OCD on the battery I charge i almost daily now
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #74
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
This is my thought exactly
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #75
Missoni
Missoni began at the beginning.

Device: none
Michael...any update on a release date for the Voyage 2?' are your sources confident of a 2019 release?...
Missoni is offline   Reply With Quote