Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #31
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yep. Making up facts turns true speculation into click bait. He fuels his click bait "news" by stealing something Nate writes and pretending he's talked to "sources" in the "industry" who "claim" that a new (fill in the blank) is coming out (usually far enough out, that people will forget about it by the time it doesn't come out). He did this when he claimed Walmart would be selling a new Kobo Mini (after Nate reminisced about the Minis) and now he's done the same with the Voyage — another "news" story right after Nate wrote a nostalgic piece about the Voyage.

I like that he's selling the Onyx and PocketBooks in this country, but I wish he would stop with the click bait false claims.
It wasn’t Nate that just published the piece about the Voyage, it was the guy from the ebook reader blog.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #32
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
It wasn’t Nate that just published the piece about the Voyage, it was the guy from the ebook reader blog.
His name is Nathan.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #33
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'd like a voyage 2 but with a 7 or 8" screen
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #34
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
Kindle Voyage 2 will be released in 2019
December 24, 2018 By Michael Kozlowski

One of the interesting things I have been told was that the Voyage will have the same screen technology as the Paperwhite 4, which makes it will have a plastic screen, instead of a glass. This will make it thinner and lighter, making it easier to carry.
So they're going to release a new version of the Voyage with an inferior screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
That is my all time favourite goodereader story. Really enjoyed all the "yeah but they never said what mothers day" jibes. Sums them up perfectly.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
My fault. Sorry. I've made this mistake in the past, but I'm a slow learner.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2018, 10:05 PM   #36
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My fault. Sorry. I've made this mistake in the past, but I'm a slow learner.
Easy mistake to make. When there is a solid post about ebooks, there is a good chance it was Nate.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #37
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Easy mistake to make. When there is a solid post about ebooks, there is a good chance it was Nate.
...if it was a truly informative post, there's a good chance it was Nate at https://the-digital-reader.com. If it was either flat-out made up or plagiarized, there's a good chance it was from the goodereader site.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #38
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've been thinking about this topic and the Voyage and I've decided that if the new Voyage is a fantasy I'm more likely to get it than if it's real. I have the old Voyage and I like it okay but really I prefer my Paperwhites. A new Voyage really doesn't tempt me if it's real. If it's fantasy though, it can have exactly the features I want; such as a built-in pop-out recliner, which is something most ereaders lack.

With this in mind I think Goodereader.com has done me a good service. I play to dream about Voyage 2's tonight.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #39
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
such as a built-in pop-out recliner, which is something most ereaders lack.

Barry
It took me a moment to parse this (I assume you mean a stand of some sort), and my first thought was of an inflatable chair that popped out for the reader to recline in. VERY HANDY INDEED!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:51 PM   #40
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
...if it was a truly informative post, there's a good chance it was Nate at https://the-digital-reader.com. If it was either flat-out made up or plagiarized, there's a good chance it was from the goodereader site.

Shari
TBH I am jealous of the other Nathan's conversation starting questions.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #41
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
TBH I am jealous of the other Nathan's conversation starting questions.
Just so I get this clear in my mind, the other Nathan has no connection with the inaptly named goodereader site, right?
Old 12-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #42
Shad Plante
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Just so I get this clear in my mind, the other Nathan has no connection with the inaptly named goodereader site, right?
Nathan’s site is the Ebook Reader at:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com
I’ve found it to be a pretty good blog to follow.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #43
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Nathan’s site is the Ebook Reader at:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com
I’ve found it to be a pretty good blog to follow.
Yes, his site was how I found this site
Old 12-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #44
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I like goodereader but Michael is internet stalking me. He told me months back that he knows I post here on mobilereads like its a suspicious thing. creeped me out tho for I do not know how he can unless he is hacking this site to see my real name but he did give credit to mobilereads on one his most recent blogs.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #45
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I would like to see a new Voyage 2 also. Although they may keep experimenting with the Oasis shape size and battery. Perhaps a version that would look similar to the Voyage. In two versions 6 inch and 7 inch screens. Who knows only time will tell.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote