Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
pluma
Enthusiast
pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
URGENT HELP!! epub3 template?

hello,

I am looking for a working epub template with a simple TOC and some content so I cant start playing around right away. Something that I can swap content and see how it looks on a real device. This is what I want to do:

unzip, change content, re-zip it.

Later on I will deal with the more advanced stuff.

I see some examples listed but they go over many things and I end up getting lost of what I am supposed to do.

thanks.
pluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Have a look at the official IDPF epub3 sample files. For more advanced features also download the first file of the epub3 test suite:
EPUBTEST 0100 - Reflowable Content Tests.

And finally you might want to download Sigil which supports most epub3 features.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
pluma
Enthusiast
pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pluma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Have a look at the official IDPF epub3 sample files. For more advanced features also download the first file of the epub3 test suite:
EPUBTEST 0100 - Reflowable Content Tests.

And finally you might want to download Sigil which supports most epub3 features.
Thanks, I just got hold of some of them. My first impression is that the text inside an epub zip is unreadable!!

Also is not possible to delete stuff at will because some items are referenced accross multiple files!!
pluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:22 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluma View Post
This is what I want to do:
unzip, change content, re-zip it.
You can't simply re-zip epub3 books, because they need to be zipped in a specific way. (Instructions vary from OS to OS.)

Quote:
Also is not possible to delete stuff at will because some items are referenced across multiple files!!
You can use epubcheck (or the offline version by Pagina) to detect some of these issues.

Quote:
My first impression is that the text inside an epub zip is unreadable!!
That usually only happens if the epub is DRM-protected. Otherwise you should see standard (X)HTML files.

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-28-2016 at 03:04 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote