Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #346
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Hitch, you're allowed to have another one.
LOL, yes, but a) I'm too cheap and b) I have limited storage space here, so...it's either get a replacement, or live with what I have.

Spoiler:
Most people would be appalled to see that we're out of storage space, but they haven't met Mr. Hitch. He has more damned STUFF than any human I know. In fairness, a lot of it is tool-related, and another chunk is made up of shooting/reloading-related stuff, as he competes at a very high level of competitive shooting. I warned him, when he wanted to buy this specific house that it didn't have enough flat-wall space for our books/bookcases [and it doesn't] and not enough storage space for his STUFF. [and it doesn't]. He's taken over my workout room with his STUFF. He has two of the three parking bays, in the garage; his own indoor shop/converted bedroom, AND my workout room--and still, we're out of storage space. I know, I know, it sounds like a first-world problem, but it still irks the holy s**t out of me.

Ergo...the 6qt will have to stay with me for a while. I still have my very large Cusinart Crockpot/slowcooker/whatever it's called, so that is fine, but...It's just that the capacity of a pc or an IP isn't that huge, that's all I am saying.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #347
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
LOL, yes, but a) I'm too cheap and b) I have limited storage space here, so...it's either get a replacement, or live with what I have.

Spoiler:
Most people would be appalled to see that we're out of storage space, but they haven't met Mr. Hitch. He has more damned STUFF than any human I know. In fairness, a lot of it is tool-related, and another chunk is made up of shooting/reloading-related stuff, as he competes at a very high level of competitive shooting. I warned him, when he wanted to buy this specific house that it didn't have enough flat-wall space for our books/bookcases [and it doesn't] and not enough storage space for his STUFF. [and it doesn't]. He's taken over my workout room with his STUFF. He has two of the three parking bays, in the garage; his own indoor shop/converted bedroom, AND my workout room--and still, we're out of storage space. I know, I know, it sounds like a first-world problem, but it still irks the holy s**t out of me.

Ergo...the 6qt will have to stay with me for a while. I still have my very large Cusinart Crockpot/slowcooker/whatever it's called, so that is fine, but...It's just that the capacity of a pc or an IP isn't that huge, that's all I am saying.

Hitch
Spoiler:
Toolbox in media room

What are walls? Oh if you have a hall, it is possible to put shelves (1 by 4) in there for your movies and paperbacks.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #348
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Yeah, get cracking, folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23380269_1802280343139538_5221310194410263888_n.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	159953  
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #349
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
This Instant Pot cookbook is only 99 cents: Instant Pot® Obsession: The Ultimate Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Cooking Everything Fast by Janet A. Zimmerman.

I haven't made any of the recipes yet, but I see quite a few that look tasty.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #350
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
This Instant Pot cookbook is only 99 cents: Instant Pot® Obsession: The Ultimate Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Cooking Everything Fast by Janet A. Zimmerman.

I haven't made any of the recipes yet, but I see quite a few that look tasty.
I have this--it's definitely worth $0.99. If it were 10.99, I'd say nah, but for $0.99, it's worth it.

I haven't, and likely won't, make anything from it; I have my own recipes, methods, etc., but I use it as a time/heat guide for what I do, and so far, that's worked pretty well.

Hitch
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #351
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't link because I found them at kinja, but Amazon has the Instant Pot and several accessories on sale. This includes a steamer, springform circular and loaf pan, and a silicone starter kit.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #352
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
In case someone is interested hip pressure cooking has a review on the Instant pot ultra. I really liked the progress bar but it is not enough to make me to want to upgrade.

This model has some new functions and I’m curious about if people really use all the functions or at least more than a couple.

Have you tried them all? What functions do you usually use?

I have tried and use the manual, yogurt, sauté and slow cook. Never even tried the other ones. Is it worth it to use this functions or should I stick to the manual function?
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #353
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
In case someone is interested hip pressure cooking has a review on the Instant pot ultra. I really liked the progress bar but it is not enough to make me to want to upgrade.

This model has some new functions and I’m curious about if people really use all the functions or at least more than a couple.

I have tried and use the manual, yogurt, sauté and slow cook. Never even tried the other ones. Is it worth it to use this functions or should I stick to the manual function?
Since I didn't see a link in the review, here's the link for Amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot...dp/B06Y1MP2PY/

The recipe for PRESSURE COOKED UPSIDE-DOWN APPLE AND RICOTTA CAKE looked good.
https://www.hippressurecooking.com/d...-ricotta-cake/
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #354
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I misunderstood the review and thought the inner pot now had handles to make it easier to remove. My hands shake, making the aluminum foil sling to lift the inner pot rather dangerous for me. I would have bought the new model just for that. I haven't bought one yet. Why doesn't the inner pot have a handle to lift it out? I can't be the only one who would have problems lifting it.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #355
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post

FWIW, I have the Ultra.

And I'm the worst person on this thread, really, to tell you anything about it, compared to others, because I'm still learning to use it. BUT, FWIW, other than the capacity comment I made, earlier, I really like it. It seems functionally idiot-proof, unless you go against every commonsense thing that anyone--ever--said about pressure cooking.

And thus far--not expecting amazing food from it, TBH--I've been pretty impressed with everything we've made. No real losers yet.

Hitch
Old 11-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #356
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
FWIW, I have the Ultra.

And I'm the worst person on this thread, really, to tell you anything about it, compared to others, because I'm still learning to use it. BUT, FWIW, other than the capacity comment I made, earlier, I really like it. It seems functionally idiot-proof, unless you go against every commonsense thing that anyone--ever--said about pressure cooking.

And thus far--not expecting amazing food from it, TBH--I've been pretty impressed with everything we've made. No real losers yet.

Hitch
The review made it seem much more complicated to use. What makes it idiot proof for you?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #357
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
They had a flash price drop on amazon yesterday. I couldn't resist the 25% price drop and joined the club. It's worth following on www.camelcamelcamel.com and buying on sale.

Anyone know a good recipe for bone broth? I have used both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker to make beef bone broth in the past.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #358
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The review made it seem much more complicated to use. What makes it idiot proof for you?
The gracious presumption that most people aren't really idiots.

It's NOT complicated to use IF you do the few minutes of reading required to learn what features you can ignore, and how to use the 3 buttons that may actually matter to you.

That being said, I know of several people who gave up trying to use it because it was too complicated. I presume those people also can't text on their phones, and if they still have VCRs, they are flashing 12:00.

Last edited by ApK; 11-13-2017 at 02:59 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:40 PM   #359
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

It's NOT complicated to use IF you do the few minutes of reading required to learn what features you can ignore, and how to use the 3 buttons that may actually matter to you.

That being said, I know of several people who gave up trying to use it because it was too complicated. I presume those people also can't text on their phones, and if they still have VCRs, they are flashing 12:00.
They're not supposed to flash 12:00?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #360
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:

I know many people that can't program anything.
My mother is like that. She gets frustrated easily.

In one case, a guy told his wife the new DVD player was complicated for a woman to attach to the TV. This was before HDMI. A couple of us asked what wires. We said ok match the red wires to the red inputs, the white to the white and the yellow to the yellow. Now turn on both and tap source on the tv remote until the DVD player shows up.
She came back 2 minutes later tickled with herself. We also asked her to tell her husband that women helped her.