Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #61
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
SmartEject's settings can be found by opening Calibre's Preferences -> Plugins, then search for SmartEject.

I don't know of any reason why either SmartEject would treat a device differently after an update, unless you changed it's search settings to be specific to the device some how.

Is that Kobo version extremely new? I know that Calibre has more code and plugins specifically for Kobo than most other readers.

For Reading List plugin, it might help to instruct RL to recognize the device. While it's plugged in, go into RL's customize/config go to the Devices tab and click "Add connected device".
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
My Kobo Aura One is updated to 4.24 from 4.1 (yes very old and big step).
For the plugins we are talking about, the Kobo firmware version won't matter. I have been using them with all my Kobo devices and every Kobo firmware version for a lot longer than version 4.1.
Quote:
Settings of several plugins are already adjusted by me, as the type of the kobo device changed from «kobo touch...« to kobo aura one».
I'm not sure what you mean here. The KoboTouch driver is the one that sets the name to be displayed for Kobo device. In very old versions of calibre, all Kobo devices would have just appeared as "Kobo Touch" or something like that. I changed to driver to use the model names a long time ago. Definitely before the Aura ONE came out. And even then, updating the firmware would not change this.
Quote:
Only the following two plugins still seems not to work but work perfect for old kobo version.
1) smart eject: I do not have any setting. Only like the big icon for ejection. But it do nothing anymore.
2) reading list deleting books from device. Adding books works perfect, after changing the device type as mentioned above. The settings for delete-from-device is «any device». The sync still clear the list but do not remove the book from device.
You might be hitting a problem with how the Reading List plugin identifies the device. This is based on an identifier in the file "driveinfo.calibre" that calibre puts into the root directory of the device. If this is removed, it will be regenerated and the identifier changed. The plugin will then not recognise the device. You can check this with the device connected. Go to the Devices tab and look in the list for you device. If it has an icon in the "Status" column, then the device has been identified properly. If it doesn't, the "Add connected device" button should be enabled. Pressing that button will add the device to the list. And you might want to delete older version to prevent future confusion.

After that, you will need to change the selected device for the actual lists. Or, change it to "*Any device" if you want all your devices to have the same list. I suspect that the delete-from-device list is configured that way.

And to answer one of @JimmXinu, firmware 4.24 is a month or so old. It was working fine here with on all my devices and with calibre. But, 4,25 was released a few days ago. Again, it is working fine with calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2020, 05:42 AM   #63
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
thanks, @JimmXinu and @David,
ReadingList and Eject working again as expected.

For Eject is seems I was not patient enough. Sometime there seems to be a delay, although device is not visible in Calibre anymore, it was still shown as connected device to my pc. After some more seconds it disappears. Anyhow that would be a Win10 issue and neither Calibre nor Eject-PI.

Regarding ReadingList: you will not believe. Nevertheless I will describe. Feel free to ignore.
Two weeks ago my Aura One was not recognized by PC anymore. Among other I reset it and update to latest version (final solution was to delete the device with its driver). To start a bit slow, I removed flag for "sync when connected" from related Reading list which would add books. It seems that the setting for "Remove List" was changed from "remove from list" to "Add to list". So reason why remove did not work was wrong setting in the list.
We need to assume my fault, and maybe it is.
On the other hand, now as I saw that, I correct the value to "remove from list", click "ok". But when opening the settings to verify, it was set back to "add to list". Repeating this 5 times did not help.
Now it is store: change the setting to "remove from list", (do not click "ok"), select an other list, click "ok". Maybe this is an issue with the last list entry or as the remove list is the default one or … it is me.

Anyhow, thanks again both, everything is fine for me now.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #64
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Very dumb question: how do I access the plugin settings? I can't remember.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #65
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre Preferences -> Plugins -> Search for eject
Advert
Old 03-22-2021, 08:21 PM   #66
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you
Old 01-11-2022, 04:30 PM   #67
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-01-11
- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre
- Update Translations

This version contains changes necessary for the upcoming Qt6 Calibre version.

I haven't tested against every version, but SmartEject should still be backward compatible to v2.85.1 and newer.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-20-2022 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 01-20-2022, 12:14 PM   #68
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.4.0 - 20 Jan 2022
- Update translations (from Transifex.com).
- Remove a bunch of dead code.
- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre
Old 04-18-2022, 08:44 PM   #69
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-04-18
- Add 'Stop wireless device connection' option.
- Update translations

New option in the settings: 'Stop wireless device connection'.

When checked, if you are ejecting a 'Wireless device' aka 'Smart Device', SmartEject will also stop the wireless device connection.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-05-2022 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 05-04-2022, 01:26 AM   #70
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I think the 5.42 changes in book list search maybe broke the default search for duplicate checking. I got prompted for duplicates that don't exist.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-04-2022 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:12 AM   #71
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I think the 5.42 changes in book list search maybe broke the default search for duplicate checking. I got prompted for duplicates that don't exist.
Me too, I thought I was missing something in the list but I couldn't see any book.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #72
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I've asked Kovid about it on the issue that prompted the change.

In the meantime, you can change the duplicate books search setting to
Code:
ondevice:"~\\("
That will probably end up being the solution and in that case, I'll change the default.

Probably have add some code to change people's existing setting, too, since config would have saved the old default if they changed any SmartEject setting. Or even just visited the config dialog and hit 'OK' instead of 'Cancel'.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #73
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It works, thank you
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #74
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yes. Hopefully the code won't overwrite non-default searches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Me too, I thought I was missing something in the list but I couldn't see any book.
In my case, I just had to check that the number of books on the device matched the number in my library that had #onkobo:true.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-04-2022 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:23 AM   #75
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New "Test" Version

2022-05-05

- Need to change dup search due to Calibre change to not search on punctuation.
- Add 'Stop wireless device connection' option.
- Update translations

Version number is for a release and will be the next released if there's no problems.

I was about to release it when I realized I hadn't posted this change as a test version.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-09-2022 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version

Tags
calibre, eject