Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
fcewen00
fcewen00 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Massive metadata grab

New to this group but I have an odd question. My metadata has gotten screwed up, so I want to bomb it all in calibre and redo it. I DON'T want to have to do it in groups of 100, as I have 16k ebooks in my collection at the moment. Is there a way to turn off that 100 group cap in the metadata download or am I just humped and am going to have to wait and hit ok 170 times to fix my metadata.
fcewen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcewen00 View Post
Is there a way to turn off that 100 group cap in the metadata download or am I just humped and am going to have to wait and hit ok 170 times to fix my metadata.
Clicking OK 170 times is the only way.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
fcewen00
fcewen00 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
*sigh*

I was afraid you'd say that.... thanks for the reply.
fcewen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Jobs keep running after the first 100 chunk is done so you can let it run for a while and come back and hit ok to apply the data, let it do its thing and then hit ok on the next batch and so on.

If you have enough memory it shouldn't be too big a deal. I have 4 gigs of memory and let a batch run on 1,000 books and Calibre was eating up nearly 1.5 gigs but I was able to finish. Restart Calibre and then let another big batch run and repeat.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
There are programs that will automate mouse clicks for you so you can run it over night.
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre metadata, metadata download