Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 05:13 AM   #841
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
dirvine: Unfortunately, I don't know if there is anything I can do about that one. Again, it seems to be a Mac problem. But the error is in the Python libraries that come with calibre. It was reported earlier in the month by Tisiphoni. When I looked into it at that time, I couldn't find any useful information that would suggest a fix or workaround.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #842
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: IIRC httplib only tries to print to stdout if you call it with debug=True dont do that and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #843
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kovid: Of course. And I even remember setting the debug level when I was adding enabling the proxy function.

@dirvine: Can you give the attached beta a try and tell me how it goes?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync-beta.zip (214.6 KB, 136 views)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:43 PM   #844
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I any case, I have nuked ASL completely, now stdout/stderr are redirected to null on OS X, so there should be no more IOErrors when printing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:09 PM   #845
EdStout
EdStout began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad
Smile THANKS - FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is just another Plugin. You will need to do it the old way (before Preferences: Get Plugins)

Preferences: Plugins: Load From File (lower Right)
Load the ZIP as is
Thanks! I always have gotten to the Plugins dialog from the Preferences menu, and that version of the dialog didn't have the "Load From File" button. Your way did show the button. Learned something new!

To davidfor: Thanks for the beta version -- the problem I was having went away!
EdStout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 11:52 PM   #846
dirvine
dirvine began at the beginning.

Device: none
@davidfor your beta works fine
dirvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #847
Firesong
Firesong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle apps
During the sync from Goodreads Shelf function, when the dialog is displayed, if I sort by Status, then take the unlinked books at the top and try and create an empty book in calibre, it creates a different book from the list, giving me an (empty) duplicate.
If I page up and down to find the missing links without sorting, it creates the correct empty book.
I know sorting is new in this dialog, and much appreciated, but only being able to do this from the 'randomly' sorted original list is difficult.

Iain
Firesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:36 AM   #848
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
During the sync from Goodreads Shelf function, when the dialog is displayed, if I sort by Status, then take the unlinked books at the top and try and create an empty book in calibre, it creates a different book from the list, giving me an (empty) duplicate.
If I page up and down to find the missing links without sorting, it creates the correct empty book.
I know sorting is new in this dialog, and much appreciated, but only being able to do this from the 'randomly' sorted original list is difficult.
I thought I had the sorting sorted out on that dialog. But, I missed the case where the value in the column being sorted was changed. The same problem would have occurred on the "Add to Shelf", "Remove from shelf" and the "Update reading progress" dialogs. The attached beta should fix this. Please test and tell me how if there are any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads Sync-beta.zip (214.6 KB, 109 views)
Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #849
Firesong
Firesong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle apps
Hmm, it looks a little odd, in that the correct name is displayed, but the entry showing no linked goodreads book is still also displayed below it.
However, actually updating the deata creates the book and it doesn't show as missing on a second sync, so all good.
Firesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #850
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
Hmm, it looks a little odd, in that the correct name is displayed, but the entry showing no linked goodreads book is still also displayed below it.
I think I know what you mean, but could I have a screenshot?
Quote:
However, actually updating the deata creates the book and it doesn't show as missing on a second sync, so all good.
That's good.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #851
downtothelast
downtothelast began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle: Touch, Keyboard, 4
Hello all. I just started using Goodreads and I'm super excited about this plugin. Also that it has been so well supported over the years.

However I'm running into a snag. I've looked through various threads, installed different versions of the plug-in and I can't seem to find a solution for it.

I can't get it to work. Everytime I click the "authorize plugin with goodreads" button I get the message:

calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/request_token
Response Code: 401
Invalid OAuth Request

I'm running the 1.9.0 version of the plugin.

Thanks. Appreciate calibre and the mobilereads community.
downtothelast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #852
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

I've got a question. I'm trying to upload tags from my calibre library to shelves. Looking at the code, it looks like, if you map a shelf to more than a tag (or tag-like column) value, all the tags should be applied to the book so it's added to the shelf. Is there any way to change this? I mean, I would like to add a book to a shelf if ANY of the tags is applied to id? I can change the code, that's right, , but I would like to know it I'm missing something.

Thank you very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 AM   #853
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtothelast View Post
Hello all. I just started using Goodreads and I'm super excited about this plugin. Also that it has been so well supported over the years.

However I'm running into a snag. I've looked through various threads, installed different versions of the plug-in and I can't seem to find a solution for it.

I can't get it to work. Everytime I click the "authorize plugin with goodreads" button I get the message:

calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/request_token
Response Code: 401
Invalid OAuth Request

I'm running the 1.9.0 version of the plugin.
Exactly when does it happen? Does the web page get opened with the message about authorising access? There should also be a message in the config dialog as well. Was that displayed and did you click yes?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #854
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi,

I've got a question. I'm trying to upload tags from my calibre library to shelves. Looking at the code, it looks like, if you map a shelf to more than a tag (or tag-like column) value, all the tags should be applied to the book so it's added to the shelf. Is there any way to change this? I mean, I would like to add a book to a shelf if ANY of the tags is applied to id? I can change the code, that's right, , but I would like to know it I'm missing something.
You are reading the code correctly. To add a book to a shelf on Goodreads, the book has to have all the tags associated with shelf. This isn't a section of the plugin I've looked at before. I think the logic is that if you create all the tags when syncing from the shelf, needing all the tags when adding to the shelf makes sense.

But, I if you use a tag hierarchy, (SciFi, SciFi.Mil, SciFi.SpaceOpera, SciFi.Thriller, etc) you might want to map these back to a simpler shelf structure in Goodreads. So they are all on "SciFi".

Is there a need for an option for "all tags" vs "any tag"? I can't think of how to phrase the option. If you, or someone else, can come up with it, then I'll add it.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #855
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The problem is the meaning of tags. For me, I'm using them in the sense of "challenges": all challenges of the same type go to the same shelf, where they're separated by time. Anyway, as I'm the only person who has requested it, and I already have another modifications to the plugin (the shelves are calculated according to my custom columns when I add a book to goodreads), I'll add this modification too.

I want to thank you (kiwidude for creating it and you maintaining it now) for a great plugin which makes much easier my interaction with goodreads.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads