Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 02:37 PM   #106
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I did some testing and it appears that if I do more than ~10 requests in quick succession, Amazon no longer wants to talk to me for a few minutes (more than 5 less than 15).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:04 PM   #107
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I did some testing and it appears that if I do more than ~10 requests in quick succession, Amazon no longer wants to talk to me for a few minutes (more than 5 less than 15).
{Anonyma'am ponders her conversational technique and social acumen}

I usually add 3 books at a time for certain reasons. Then I highlight the batch and do Edit Metadata in Bulk to add my own tags, set the title capitalization, and set author sort. I only edit metadata individually when I need/want it for that book(s).

It seems like this is going nowhere (not a criticism), so I'm going to leave it alone for now and see if something changes. Thanks for all the responses, though!
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:01 PM   #108
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A difference in methodology. After I got my prior to calibre ebook collection into calibre where I did try bulk editing, I've used the edit metadata individually almost exclusively. After I download the metadata, I tend to edit the comments to clean up egregious formatting, reviews, blurbs, etc. For me, it was simply easy to control which metadata made it into my library rather than going back and correcting errors after the fact. That I use multiple metadata sources makes it easier to get incorrect metadata. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by DNSB; 02-13-2024 at 08:03 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote