Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-29-2023, 03:52 AM   #241
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I meant for a book in another library, when I don't want to leave the one that's currently open.
My #1 The Rolling Stone's song : "You can't always get what you want"

If I want a link to a book in another library, I put a 'bookmark' in the #admin_tags column for the current book in library A, go fetch the link from the 'wanted' book in library B, return to the 'bookmarked' book in library A, and do whatever with the link. But, I don't need to do that very often.

When I was adding dozens of books a day to a couple libraries I found CalibreSpy quite useful, but I'm not doing that these days. BTW: prior to CS I used an early version of calibre server, the one that used database table row numbers rather than string searches.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-29-2023 at 03:56 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:02 PM   #242
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Can't Pick Library

I'm dual booting MacOS and Fedora.

My Calibre libraries are on an HFS+ disk; MacOS can read and write to it, Fedora can only read it.

I'm hoping to use Calibre Spy so I can read my Calibre libraries without moving it to another disk and without 2x versions of Calibre causing trouble for each other.

But when I run Calibre Spy from within Calibre, it prompts for a library, but doesn't let me pick a library.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:09 AM   #243
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MarjaE - did you set the default configuration in Preferences->Plugins?

From within calibre itself CalibreSpy can only access libraries that Calibre itself knows of, i.e. they must be Calibre's Quick Switch list.

BTW: DaltonST hasn't logged on since July 5 2023

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 05:58 AM   #244
Jirka
Jirka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@DaltonST - any chance to get sources? GitHub?
Thanks!
Jirka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 06:43 AM   #245
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirka View Post
@DaltonST - any chance to get sources? GitHub?
Thanks!
The zip file in post 1 contains the source code.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote