Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM   #376
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Using Calibre 64-bit version 2.78, I just uninstalled KindleUnpack and reinstalled it no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #377
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Using Calibre 64-bit version 2.78, I just uninstalled KindleUnpack and reinstalled it no problem.
That's odd. I'm using the same version, and I do see the problem. And I just updated my 2.76 Portable to 2.78 and it has the same issue.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #378
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I second this. Calibre claims the *Mobi*Unpack plugin is deprecated (but that isn't even there anymore) and removing it removes the *Kindle*Unpack plugin.

Reinstalling that gets you the same update notice again.
I suspect that it a side effect of a change in calibre 2.78 related to plugin names.

Fix installed status for plugins that have a different name in the MR index than the name defined in the plugin index
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #379
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I suspect that it a side effect of a change in calibre 2.78 related to plugin names.

Fix installed status for plugins that have a different name in the MR index than the name defined in the plugin index
Sounds like it, yes.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #380
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
MobiUnpack was renamed to KindleUnpack a long, long time ago. All requirements for such a rename (with regard to automatic updating) were met at that time. Something must have changed recently. I'll find out what's up and get it fixed.

EDIT: Just as soon as I get near a machine with a screen larger than six inches and a real keyboard, that is.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-27-2017 at 08:24 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #381
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I think that the root of the problem is that the entry in the plugin index for MobiUnpack points to the thread for KindleUnpack. That didn't used to matter, but the change in new version of calibre causes it to treat MobiUnpack and KindleUnpack as being identical because of this link. That combined with an instruction in the KindleUnpack entry to remove MobiUnpack results in KindleUnpack being marked for removal instead.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #382
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that removal bit was all part of making the rename seamless to the user at the time.

I doubt anyone still has a version named MobiUnpack installed any more, so removing MobiUnpack from the index (and removing the uninstall bit in the KindleUnpack index entry) might be enough for it to straighten itself out after the next scrape.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #383
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
When it rains, it pours ... the next candidate (see below)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calplug.PNG
Views:	371
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	154534  
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #384
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
When it rains, it pours ... the next candidate (see below)
Probably all of them that have been renamed and deprecated.

I modified the Plugin index to remove the old MobiUnpack plugin and removed the uninstall instruction from the KindleUnpack index entry. We'll see in an hour or so if that fixed tne issue with KindleUnpack.

If I inadvertantly broke something else, I can always restore it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could report back here (after waiting for an hour or so) about the status of things.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-27-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #385
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Thank you - very fast - the message for outdated KindleUnpack is gone now. All works fine. I already kicked out the Kindle Collections Stuff because I don't need it anymore.

Last edited by kbaerwald; 01-27-2017 at 09:59 AM.
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #386
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'd appreciate it if someone could report back here (after waiting for an hour or so) about the status of things.
Fixed . Thanks!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #387
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the feedback!

It's a bit of a "bull in a china shop" fix, but anybody still using the old MobiUnpack plugin isn't likely to update it now. And if they do, they can just manually uninstall the old one first.

Hopefully Kovid will come up with a fix that will make my bulldozer fix unecessary for other renamed/deprecated plugins.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-27-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #388
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not really sure what I can do to fix it. Either one has identification based on the internal name in the plugin zip file or one has indentification based on the name in the plugin index thread.

Since renaming plugins and having them still be auto-updated is a relatively rare event, while plugin authors using different names in the plugin index and in the zip file is more common, I am inclined to optimize for the latter. I am not aware of any recent plugins that were renamed while I am aware of three recent plugins that sufferened from the name mismatch issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:37 AM   #389
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No problem. Thanks for looking. If my solution is the easiest fix for this rare occurrence, I can always give the handful of other plugins this might affect the same treatment.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #390
Nitro
Nitro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Code:
calibre, version 2.79.1
BŁĄD: KindleUnpack - The Plugin v0.81.3: mobi_split instance has no attribute 'result_file7'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.action", line 323, in combo_split
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.mobi_stuff", line 138, in writeSplitCombo
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.mobi_split", line 438, in getResult7
AttributeError: mobi_split instance has no attribute 'result_file7'
It's happening with some polish books, nothing special about them.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi