Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Zachary Zombie and the Lost Boy

"Zachary Zombie and the Lost Boy" is an odd romp through a forest with emo bunnies, zombies and a magical stag. Throw in an innkeeper's daughter looking for her prince and a party at the graveyard and you have a truly odd story for children or adults.

This book has received hundreds of ratings, mostly positive, at various sites.

Kobo
Smashwords
Amazon
Apple
Barnes & Noble

Zachary is the personal zombie of Gert the Wicked Witch. She sent him to fetch newts from the forest. Along the way, he finds a lost boy named Tobias who had been following an emo bunny in the hopes of holding it and making it feel better. When the boy asks nicely for help getting to his home in the village, Zachary agrees.

Along the way, they run into a cranky stag and a pretty woman who dreams of meeting a prince. A party in the cemetery isn’t the proper place to take a boy, but zombies aren’t always proper and one of the worst things about villagers is that they always seem to have a supply of pitchforks and torches.

Will the boy make it home? Will Zachary give in to the craving for brainsss?

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-21-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Fixed image
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I will check it out...STRANGE is what I'm hearing from reviews, so should be entertaining.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Going to download it right now! I've enjoyed all the stories so far, and I think "Test Pilot" is my favorite.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
TrineDaely
Connoisseur
TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrineDaely ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sounds like just the thing for my kid!
TrineDaely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I will check it out...STRANGE is what I'm hearing from reviews, so should be entertaining.
*grin* STRANGE describes pretty much all my writing.

@nookkatz, I hope you enjoy it.

@TrineDaely, My kids liked it, but they really are demented . . . I say that lovingly of course.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
John Carroll
kookoo

Hello all,

I've recently re-edited and smoothed out "Zachary Zombie and the Lost Boy." It's the second in the Stories for Demented Children Series. I originally wrote it two years ago and have learned a great deal about the craft of writing since then. The story is the same, it simply flows across the eyes better. I'm also adding links from more stores than I originally posted.

This is one of my most popular stories and views zombies in a rather different light.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
John Carroll
kookoo

I have added a new cover that is easier to read, and I believe much more attractive than the old one. I've also released a sequel to it, which I shall be promoting here shortly.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
FYI - in your OP, the first Kobo link is dead (leads to an Oops! This content has been deleted by its creator. message.) and the second Kobo link is actually to the Sony store.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
FYI - in your OP, the first Kobo link is dead (leads to an Oops! This content has been deleted by its creator. message.) and the second Kobo link is actually to the Sony store.
Thank you! I've corrected both instances.

Tags
demented children, humor, short story, zachary zombie, zombie