Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #76
nurbles62
nurbles62 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Samsung Tablets
Not Finding Existing Title

I've been trying to update a book titled "Relics: Two: by Nick Thayer and none of the metadata plug-ins can find it. The title is listed on FantasticFiction.com, but the match I get back is always wrong! I have calibre 3.26.1 and v1.20 of the FF plugin. Here's the log (with the google and amazon results removed):

Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'Nick Thacker'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Relics: Two'} 
Using plugins: Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0), Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 2) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 0.888000011444 

--- 
Title               : Relics: One
Author(s)           : Nick Thacker
Series              : Relics Singularity #1
Identifiers         : ff:t/nick-thacker/relics-one
Comments            : 
Myers is a Relic. Cast out of society by a computer program that's far more efficient at managing and regulating human life than any human ever could be.   
The System is running everyone's life. It's quickly becoming smarter than humans, and it no longer has any need for leaders like Myers. There's a technological singularity coming, and only Myers knows how to stop it.   
The problem? He doesn't remember anything from the past 15 years. And now he's being hunted.  

Querying Country preference: https://clu.fantasticfiction.com/clu-js
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books?bq='FF'&q=Relics+Nick+Thacker&start=0&size=20&rank=-visits_us&return-fields=booktype,title,atitle,vtitle,year,pfn,hasimage,authorsinfo,seriesinfo,db,imageloc
FantasticFiction url: u'https://www.fantasticfiction.com/t/nick-thacker/relics-one.htm'
Found authors: ['Nick Thacker'] 

******************************************************************************** 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 4.42 seconds 
The longest time (4.263000) was taken by: Amazon.com 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 3 merged results, merging took: 0.22 seconds
Any ideas or hope? Thanks!
nurbles62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:30 AM   #77
er0_senn1n
er0_senn1n began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Metadata ID search

Is it possible when downloading metadata for bulk files to have Calibre only search the author page in fantastic fiction and then match the title from there

ie. ff:g/david-lynn-golemon/

instead of

ff:g/david-lynn-golemon/event
er0_senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #78
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0_senn1n View Post
Is it possible when downloading metadata for bulk files to have Calibre only search the author page in fantastic fiction and then match the title from there

ie. ff:g/david-lynn-golemon/

instead of

ff:g/david-lynn-golemon/event
I'm not sure what you mean here. The latter is the id stored for the a book. It is intended to point directly to the book.

If what you mean is for the search to fetch the author page and only look for the title on that page, that is an interesting idea. But, it assumes that the author is correct. And it assumes something about how this plugin works. Most of the metadata source plugins fetch the search page results and parse that. But, this one uses a API. To do it the way you suggest, would mean a rewrite of the search. And I'm not sure it would be any more accurate than what is being done now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #79
er0_senn1n
er0_senn1n began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not sure what you mean here. The latter is the id stored for the a book. It is intended to point directly to the book.

If what you mean is for the search to fetch the author page and only look for the title on that page, that is an interesting idea. But, it assumes that the author is correct. And it assumes something about how this plugin works. Most of the metadata source plugins fetch the search page results and parse that. But, this one uses a API. To do it the way you suggest, would mean a rewrite of the search. And I'm not sure it would be any more accurate than what is being done now.
This is exactly what I meant, but it sounds like a lot of work for little gain, thanks for the reply though
er0_senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #80
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbles62 View Post
I've been trying to update a book titled "Relics: Two: by Nick Thayer and none of the metadata plug-ins can find it. The title is listed on FantasticFiction.com, but the match I get back is always wrong! I have calibre 3.26.1 and v1.20 of the FF plugin. Here's the log (with the google and amazon results removed):

Code:
{u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'Nick Thacker'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Relics: Two'} 
Using plugins: Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0), Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 2) 

****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 0.888000011444 

--- 
Title               : Relics: One
Author(s)           : Nick Thacker
Series              : Relics Singularity #1
Identifiers         : ff:t/nick-thacker/relics-one
Comments            : 
Myers is a Relic. Cast out of society by a computer program that's far more efficient at managing and regulating human life than any human ever could be.   
The System is running everyone's life. It's quickly becoming smarter than humans, and it no longer has any need for leaders like Myers. There's a technological singularity coming, and only Myers knows how to stop it.   
The problem? He doesn't remember anything from the past 15 years. And now he's being hunted.  

Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs/books?bq='FF'&q=Relics+Nick+Thacker&start=0&size=20&rank=-visits_us&return-fields=booktype,title,atitle,vtitle,year,pfn,hasimage,authorsinfo,seriesinfo,db,imageloc
FantasticFiction url: u'https://www.fantasticfiction.com/t/nick-thacker/relics-one.htm'
Found authors: ['Nick Thacker'] 

The identify phase took 4.42 seconds 
The longest time (4.263000) was taken by: Amazon.com 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 3 merged results, merging took: 0.22 seconds
The problem is the colon in the name. Most of the metadata source plugins are programmed to remove anything after a colon in the title before doing the search. This is because it is a common way to do a subtitle. Unfortunately, it means the plugins do not find titles like this.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do here is. Changing the plugin to not strip the subtitle would mean that this search would work. But, it would be inconsistent with most of the other searches. Also, it isn't just the colon used as the subtitle separator, but also anything in parentheses of various types.

A workaround is to remove the colon yourself before doing the search. This did find the correct book when I tested it. And removing "Relic:" also worked. I tested a couple of other books and both of these worked as well.

As I said, I'm not sure what the best whether to change this. I'm tending to not doing it to be consistent. But, if there is a consensus that it is wrong, it is a simple change in the code.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #81
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The problem is the colon in the name. Most of the metadata source plugins are programmed to remove anything after a colon in the title before doing the search. This is because it is a common way to do a subtitle.

...~~~...

But, if there is a consensus that it is wrong, it is a simple change in the code.
I say let it be. Truncating the subtitle as a default is probably best.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #82
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I say let it be. Truncating the subtitle as a default is probably best.
Seconded
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #83
nurbles62
nurbles62 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Samsung Tablets
Smile

Quote:
The problem is the colon in the name.
Thanks for the info. Now that I am aware of the "colon issue" I will endeavour to follow your instructions for manually "tweaking" the search for the few books I have that are only unique in subtitle. The others seem to always be found OK, since the titles are unique already -- I never realized the subtitles were being ignored because they seemed to be matching fine until the most recent set with three books named in the style "One Title for All Three: Unique Subtitle For Each"

So, not broken or even having a problem. Just a matter of a little bit of info that wasn't in my knowledge bank. Thanks for helping and for a great Calibre plug in!
nurbles62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:38 PM   #84
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbles62 View Post
Thanks for the info. Now that I am aware of the "colon issue" I will endeavour to follow your instructions for manually "tweaking" the search for the few books I have that are only unique in subtitle. The others seem to always be found OK, since the titles are unique already -- I never realized the subtitles were being ignored because they seemed to be matching fine until the most recent set with three books named in the style "One Title for All Three: Unique Subtitle For Each"
The problem occurs when the title is "Series Name: Book Title". For a lot of these it works because more than one book in the series is found. But for a one word series name like "Relics", to many other books will match.

I'm a bit mixed in my feelings about titles like this. Mostly, I strip the series from the book title. But, there are a few, like this one, where this style feels right. In these cases, I fiddle with the title before the metadata download so it works and again afterwards so that it looks right.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #85
boomer60
boomer60 began at the beginning.

Device: android
I've started having some difficulty recently getting results from the plugin. I'm slowly getting my system rebuilt and took the time to look at what's goin on. I'm on Calibre 3.2.8 ans 1.2.0 of the plugin. Below is the log details from the search....

{u'title': u'Phantom Kiss', u'identifiers': {u'amazon': u'B01LZM8426'}, u'authors': [u'Neill, Chloe'], u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 1, 14), Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0), Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 2)

***************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 0.486491918564
Failed to query country: u'https://clu.fantasticfiction.com/clu-js'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction.__init__", line 152, in get_country
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 310, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs...fo,db,imageloc
Failed to make identify query
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction.__init__", line 274, in identify
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 310, in _mech_open

************************************************** ******************************

Any thoughts on what's awry?
boomer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #86
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer60 View Post
Any thoughts on what's awry?
No thoughts just verifying the same result.

Running identify query with parameters: {u'authors': [u'Chloe Neill'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Phantom Kiss', u'identifiers': {}} Using plugins: Kobo Books (1, 3, 1), Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0), Goodreads (1, 1, 14), Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15), Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 2), Overdrive (1, 0, 0) The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) ****************************** Found 0 results

Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 7.24000000954
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 310, in _mech_open

Complete log here

Spoiler:

Running identify query with parameters: {u'authors': [u'Chloe Neill'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Phantom Kiss', u'identifiers': {}} Using plugins: Kobo Books (1, 3, 1), Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0), Goodreads (1, 1, 14), Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15), Google (1, 0, 0), Amazon.com (1, 2, 2), Overdrive (1, 0, 0) The log from individual plugins is below
****************************** Google (1, 0, 0) ****************************** Found 0 results Downloading from Google took 4.23200011253 Making query: https://books.google.com/books/feeds...max-results=20
************************************************** ******************************
****************************** Kobo Books (1, 3, 1) ****************************** Found 1 results Downloading from Kobo Books took 18.3249998093

--- Title : Phantom Kiss Author(s) : Chloe Neill Publisher : Penguin Publishing Group Tags : Romance, Paranormal, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Fantasy Series : Chicagoland Vampires #1 Languages : English Rating : 2.1 Published : 2017-01-01T05:00:00+00:00 Identifiers : isbn:9780451488671, kobohantom-kiss-2 Comments : In this all-new novella from the New York Times bestselling author of Midnight Marked, Merit, Ethan, and the rest of Cadogan House crew discover that not all undead creatures are kindred spirits…

Vampires generally aren’t afraid of things that go bump in the night, but Merit and Ethan are extra jumpy after a recent attack by a dark sorcerer. So when they learn that someone is messing with graves in Chicago’s cemeteries, stealing skulls and snatching souls, they fear that their powerful foe might be back for even more magical vengeance.

But after a specter begins haunting Cadogan House—and targeting vampires—they realize that they're being taunted by an altogether different sort of monster. A ghoulish villain straight out of the Windy City’s urban legends is on the prowl—and he won’t stop until he’s killed again...

Includes a sneak peek of Blade Bound, the epic final novel in the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series.

identify - title: "Phantom Kiss" authors= "[u'Chloe Neill']"
create_query - title: "Phantom Kiss"
create_query - after decode title: "Phantom Kiss"
create_query - title_tokens: "[u'Phantom', u'Kiss']"
Querying: http://store.kobobooks.com/Search?Qu...l&fcmedia=Book
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Phantom Kiss', id='phantom-kiss-2'
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Slaying It
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Drink Deep
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Blade Bound
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Hard Bitten
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Midnight Marked
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Biting Cold
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: The Veil
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Twice Bitten
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Biting Bad
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Dark Debt
failed using three divs
Rejecting as not close enough match: Lucky Break
KoboBooks url: u'http://store.kobobooks.com/ebook/phantom-kiss-2'
parse_authors - author: "Chloe Neill"
parse_publisher_and_date - published_date: "2017-01-01 00:00:00"
parse_series - series_name=Chicagoland Vampires, series_index=None
parse_rating - rating: "4.11"
parse_isbn - isbn: "9780451488671"
parse_language - language: "English"

Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 7.24000000954

****************************** Overdrive (1, 0, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Overdrive took 7.63000011444
Initial query is Chloe Neill
Cross reference query is Phantom

****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 5.91900014877

---
Title : Phantom Kiss
Author(s) : Chloe Neill
Publisher : Penguin Publishing Group
Series : Chicagoland Vampires #1
Rating : 2
Published : 2017-01-17T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9780451488671, barnesnoble:w/phantom-kiss-chloe-neill/1124697009
Comments :
Phantom Kiss by Chloe Neill In this all-new novella from the New York Times bestselling author of Midnight Marked, Merit, Ethan, and the rest of Cadogan House crew discover that not all undead creatures are kindred spirits…

Vampires generally aren’t afraid of things that go bump in the night, but Merit and Ethan are extra jumpy after a recent attack by a dark sorcerer. So when they learn that someone is messing with graves in Chicago’s cemeteries, stealing skulls and snatching souls, they fear that their powerful foe might be back for even more magical vengeance.

But after a specter begins haunting Cadogan House—and targeting vampires—they realize that they're being taunted by an altogether different sort of monster. A ghoulish villain straight out of the Windy City’s urban legends is on the prowl—and he won’t stop until he’s killed again...

Includes a sneak peek of Blade Bound, the epic final novel in the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series.

Querying: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?stor...ss+Chloe+Neill
match location: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/phantom-kiss-chloe-neill/1124697009?ean=9780451488671'
B&N url: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/phantom-kiss-chloe-neill/1124697009?ean=9780451488671'

****************************** Amazon.com (1, 2, 2) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 14.6750001907

---
Title : Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires)
Publisher : InterMix
Languages : eng
Rating : 2.2
Published : 2017-01-17T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : amazon:B01LZM8426
Comments :
In this all-new novella from the New York Times bestselling author of Midnight Marked, Merit, Ethan, and the rest of Cadogan House crew discover that not all undead creatures are kindred spirits…

** About the Author Chloe Neill was born and raised in the South but now makes her home in the Midwest. When not transcribing Merit's and Lily's adventures, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also loves spending time with her husband and their dogs, Baxter and Scout.
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Server: auto
Making google query: https://www.google.com/search?q=Phan...www.amazon.com
Ignoring div with no descendant
Failed to find any results on results page, with title: Phantom Kiss Chloe Neill site:www.amazon.com - Google Search
No search engine results for terms: Phantom Kiss Chloe Neill
Trying the bing search engine instead
Making bing query: https://www.bing.com/search?q=Phanto...www.amazon.com
Getting details from: http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Pha...YHJb-7K5NiMiGa
Getting details from: http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Pha...diOEDQ8mh9M8g2
Getting details from: http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Pha...aP_ljUN3kdBUz_
get_details failed for url: u'http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Phantom+Kiss+Chloe+Neill+site%3Awww.a mazon.com&d=4619982167673699&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=0hJ_-5aaOPo07OFxnKaP_ljUN3kdBUz_'
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 321, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 328, in get_details
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 75, in parse_details_page
ValueError: No cached entry for http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Pha...aP_ljUN3kdBUz_ found

****************************** Goodreads (1, 1, 14) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 16.0780000687

---
Title : Phantom Kiss
Publisher : Gollancz
Tags : Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Vampires, Romance
Series : Chicagoland Vampires #12.50
Languages : eng
Rating : 2.1
Published : 2017-01-19T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : goodreads:30358884
Comments :
In this all-new novella from the New York Times bestselling author of Midnight Marked, Merit, Ethan, and the rest of Cadogan House crew discover that not all undead creatures are kindred spirits… Vampires generally aren’t afraid of things that go bump in the night, but Merit and Ethan are extra jumpy after a recent attack by a dark sorcerer. So when they learn that someone is messing with graves in Chicago’s cemeteries, stealing skulls and snatching souls, they fear that their powerful foe might be back for even more magical vengeance. But after a specter begins haunting Cadogan House—and targeting vampires—they realize that their being taunted by an altogether different sort of monster. A ghoulish villain straight out of the Windy City’s urban legends is on the prowl—and he won’t stop until he’s killed again... Includes a sneak peek of Blade Bound, the epic final novel in the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series.
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=Phantom+Kiss+Chloe+Neill
no isbn
response:
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30358884-phantom-kiss?from_search=true'
parse_authors - author: Chloe Neill (Goodreads Author)
parse_authors - author: Chloe Neill
parse_details - mi: Title : Phantom Kiss

The identify phase took 18.50 seconds
The longest time (18.325000) was taken by: Kobo Books
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 2 merged results, merging took: 3.19 seconds

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-28-2018 at 07:40 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #87
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Site changes

It looks like FantasticFiction has changed their API. This is the reason for the errors. Plus, there are some other changes to the pages that would have broken later parsing of the results.

The attached beta should fix these problems. Please try it and tell me how it goes. If there are problems, please post the log file from the search. I have added extra debug statements to give me an idea of what is happening.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction-beta.zip (18.3 KB, 254 views)
Old 07-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #88
boomer60
boomer60 began at the beginning.

Device: android
That works!

log file attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt log1.txt (19.0 KB, 224 views)
boomer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:02 AM   #89
Bryteyes
Bryteyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
cant get fantastic fiction metadata
****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 1.99500012398

Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs...Cdb%2Cimageloc
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"rIOO/tcs/IsnCri/nA==","time-ms":35},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction.__init__", line 287, in identify
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\json.html'

Bryteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:37 AM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryteyes View Post
cant get fantastic fiction metadata
****************************** Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 1.99500012398
This is a change on the site and I haven't decided how to handle this. Ignore it for the moment.
Quote:
Querying: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/dbs...Cdb%2Cimageloc
JSON Result: {"status":{"rid":"rIOO/tcs/IsnCri/nA==","time-ms":35},"hits":{"found":0,"start":0,"hit":[]}}
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction.__init__", line 287, in identify
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\json.html'

Whoops, I left a debugging line in the code. The attached beta fixes this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction-beta.zip (18.3 KB, 221 views)