Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post

I have just updated mine to 1.9.0. Can't find any difference yet
Check out the note taking app. Much improved. Although more improvements could be made. Like being able to copy and paste/move a part of a sketch.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:25 AM   #17
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Check out the note taking app. Much improved. Although more improvements could be made. Like being able to copy and paste/move a part of a sketch.
imho, they should stop trying to make improvements in the notetaking app and just work on the overall stylus api on android so we could use it on any app without lag, as there are already apps for stylus that they will never be able to match.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2018, 04:18 AM   #18
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
How is the experience with OneNote after the last update? While I see that evernote is supported from inside the new app, I stopped using it when they limited the free version to 2 devices.
My hand is itching to press the buy button for the note...
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:26 AM   #19
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Hello,

In a few days' time it will have been a year since the last firmware update was made available for Onyx readers. Ereader store shows 03 May 2017 date for version 1.8.2. Up to that version there were reasonably frequent releases and then they suddenly stopped.

I have heard from that store about the new update a few times but recently they just went quiet - no response to my queries:
  • 03/2017: "THe smoothness of scribbled lines will be improved in the update 1.8.3."
  • 08/2017: "Yes, the next update is coming soon."
  • 11/2017: "The 1.8.3 is still in work. We expect to finish it within of the next couple of weeks."
  • 12/2017: "1.8.3 (...) is ready to 87%."
  • 03/2018: no reply
  • 04/2018: no reply
  • 06/2018: "The update to 1.8.3 for N96 series will be released in 2 weeks. Update to 1.9.0 is in discussion."

Does anyone know any news about the future updates?
I also believed theses words,but i visited product lines, OB change all product for quad-core, android 6, so i think i'll never see any update for Maxcarta nor N96ML.
So the better i have to do, is to give up OB, i'll see Boyue may be they respect their customers more than OB do!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:00 AM   #20
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
I also believed theses words,but i visited product lines, OB change all product for quad-core, android 6, so i think i'll never see any update for Maxcarta nor N96ML.
So the better i have to do, is to give up OB, i'll see Boyue may be they respect their customers more than OB do!
Firmware 1.9.1 for Note and Max 2 and new firmware for Max 1 and Carta will be available next month.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #21
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
Firmware 1.9.1 for Note and Max 2 and new firmware for Max 1 and Carta will be available next month.
I hope that the 2 page mode for EPUB and PDF will be available.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #22
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
any news about what are they working for the max and carta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Agree, I think is the most requested feature, 2 pdf pages on landscape and 2 columns per page up 4 columns on landscape for epubs is needed.

But in the meanwhile, librera is saving the day and the developer is a cool dude that accept request and features.

Last edited by whopper; 07-29-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #23
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
any news about what are they working for the max and carta?
Note taking improvement.

For Note and Max2:

PIN lock for multi-language UI.
Add disable capacitive layer icon on system status bar.
Note taking app support sync with Onenote in PNG format.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:27 AM   #24
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
More than good enough at this stage! I think I am getting the note this week!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:58 AM   #25
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
oh Wow .. this point "Add disable capacitive layer icon on system status bar." will smooth out the lag in other android writing apps. Can't wait
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:16 AM   #26
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I hope just OB will fix lot of bugs!!!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:21 AM   #27
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
I just hope it'll handle large libraries better.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #28
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
But in the meanwhile, librera is saving the day and the developer is a cool dude that accept request and features.
No really

In two pages mode, the links (footnote, reference to an other page) for EPUB and PDF are not usable if the crop function is enable ! This bug is known by Foobnix.

For my technical books it's a very boring thing. For the novels, like the ones of Terry Pratchett is a pity
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:44 AM   #29
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Note taking improvement.

For Note and Max2:

PIN lock for multi-language UI.
Add disable capacitive layer icon on system status bar.
thanks.

Do you know if they will workon columns for epubs and 2 pages for pdf for the future? Or is it a feature that we will not see?
Old 07-31-2018, 06:50 PM   #30
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
thanks.

Do you know if they will workon columns for epubs and 2 pages for pdf for the future? Or is it a feature that we will not see?
They've been working on it for months. It looks like not an easy job, always bugs in some situation.