Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #1
Phil_in_HHHI
Phil_in_HHHI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Cancel Metadata Backup?

Ignorantly I queued all my books for metadata backup - without it being necessary - all my books have correct opf files and the library checks out ok. Unfortunately this process is moving at a glacial pace and after 5% of the catalog are done I expect the process to take about 8 full days. Is there any way to stop this process?

Thx
Phil_in_HHHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the close button
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
Phil_in_HHHI

Kovid, well that's what I did first. Whenever I re-open the Metadata Backup Status, it shows the process is still going merrily on, at about a book every 3 seconds. This wouldn't be a major issue if the library wasn't sitting in a Dropbox folder (so I can use the Calibre Companion app from my iPad).

BTW, thank you for your great work on Calibre, a piece of really useful and well designed software.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there's no way to cancel it, but if you want to speed it up, run

calibredb backup_metadata

in a command prompt
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
The Job Spy plugin has an option to clear the metadata (OPF) backup queue.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #6
Phil_in_HHHI

Thank you!