Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-30-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Skumar
Skumar began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle basic 8th generation
Question Any alternative server solution for online pdf reading

I am very thankfull to calibre and its server and in browser reading option which i use to read books on multiple devices and sync them . But this solution is only application with epubs or related formates. I want to read complex formated pdf like textbooks of medical sciences as these pdf is not properly converted in ebooks( epub mobi or other format ) .
SO what i want
1. access pdf from server like calibre to any device with web access
2. read pdf in browser and annotate
3. sync reading position and annotations

please comment if any one have solution. I want self hosting not commercial services
Skumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
DOnt browsers these days come with builtin pdf readers? pdf.js for firefox and pfmium for chrome or something like that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:52 AM   #3
Skumar
Skumar began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle basic 8th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
DOnt browsers these days come with builtin pdf readers? pdf.js for firefox and pfmium for chrome or something like that.
Sir they download the file in local tmp storage and never send annotation etc. back to server so sync feature is not working with these pdf.js reader
Skumar is offline   Reply With Quote