Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
fobos3
fobos3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Japanese Vertical Text Viewer Problem

Hi,

I have downloaded some books on my kindle and imported the files in the Calibre library. This works fine for English books. However, the viewer displays only the first page of every chaper when the text is Japanese. Also, the letters are rotated 90 degrees clockwise in the viewer.

I have tried exporting to different formats but the same problem remains. What is interesting is that when I change the font or maximise the window more text appear. Also, when I export to a text file the whole book is exported without any problems.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Regards
fobos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer has no support for vertical text.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2020, 10:20 PM   #3
elenderg
elenderg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 White (2015) WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The calibre viewer has no support for vertical text.
What about nowadays?
elenderg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
vertical text now displays fine, but scrolling still wont work, requires someone with expertise with such text to step up and implement it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote