Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #106
lottomotto
lottomotto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Hello,

thanks for your amazing work

Something weird happened to me. I have a Voyage.

I have the old xray of Game of Thrones. In the voyage they are greyed out.
So I generated a new one with your tool and I have the same problem of GhostFreud (post 77).
Anyway once I put the new xray in one of the books, the other created or downloaded a proper xray and work perfectly, is this normal or I am getting crazy?

Best
lottomotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #107
lottomotto
lottomotto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
By the way I notice that the book I have problem with has not Xray available (checked Amazon page), the others do.
lottomotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 AM   #108
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
i am still lost and am not able to generate a successful xray of game of thrones. i am pretty sure by now that i am doing something wrong. can anyone please post a *detailed* procedure of how they generated xray for game of thrones book? any help will be highly appreciated with many thanks.
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:35 AM   #109
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
i am still lost and am not able to generate a successful xray of game of thrones. i am pretty sure by now that i am doing something wrong. can anyone please post a *detailed* procedure of how they generated xray for game of thrones book? any help will be highly appreciated with many thanks.
I can't help you with your X-Ray problem, because I never got it to work either, however, there's a custom GOT character Kindle dictionary that you could use instead of an XRay file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:27 AM   #110
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

many thanks @doitsu.....
Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #111
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottomotto View Post
Hello,

thanks for your amazing work

Something weird happened to me. I have a Voyage.

I have the old xray of Game of Thrones. In the voyage they are greyed out.
So I generated a new one with your tool and I have the same problem of GhostFreud (post 77).
Anyway once I put the new xray in one of the books, the other created or downloaded a proper xray and work perfectly, is this normal or I am getting crazy?

Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
The one you sent me seemed fine, I don't think it's an issue with the way you are building it, I think there is something going on with the new version of the firmware. I don't have a Voyage or PW2 to mess around with, so I can't say for sure, but from what people are saying it sounds like the new firmware will download an Amazon X-Ray on its own if one is available (some people are receiving them on side-loaded books), and not load any custom ones if it's not available from them.
If that's the case, it's beyond me to figure out how to get around it
Need someone who has access to the newest firmware and the ability to find out what their X-Ray code is doing, or something like that. I'm not even sure where to begin.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:59 AM   #112
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
The one you sent me seemed fine, I don't think it's an issue with the way you are building it, I think there is something going on with the new version of the firmware. I don't have a Voyage or PW2 to mess around with, so I can't say for sure, but from what people are saying it sounds like the new firmware will download an Amazon X-Ray on its own if one is available (some people are receiving them on side-loaded books), and not load any custom ones if it's not available from them.
If that's the case, it's beyond me to figure out how to get around it
Need someone who has access to the newest firmware and the ability to find out what their X-Ray code is doing, or something like that. I'm not even sure where to begin.

you can let me know if i can help on this. i have a pw2 running 5.6.1.0.2 fw.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #113
loco
Connoisseur

i noticed one more thing. there are many asc files in the sdr folder of books fdownloaded through the amazon store. if you want, i can send you the complete sdr folder of *free* ebooks. furthermore, all the books that i get from amazon are put in root rather than like this (author>book). can that be an issue as well??
Old 03-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #114
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Probably not -- it's always been like that.

The other .asc files serve different purposes, there is the xray one, the authorinfo one, the endactions one...

Any ebook can be located anywhere, the default Amazon save path is different from the calibre one. What matters is the book and the sdr folder are in the same folder.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #115
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Probably not -- it's always been like that.

The other .asc files serve different purposes, there is the xray one, the authorinfo one, the endactions one...
Exactly, there's lots of asc files in there, nothing out of the ordinary on the new firmware that I could tell (I had some other people send me theirs as well to compare).
I don't really know what else to try on the new firmware to get them working again
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:23 AM   #116
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Exactly, there's lots of asc files in there, nothing out of the ordinary on the new firmware that I could tell (I had some other people send me theirs as well to compare).
I don't really know what else to try on the new firmware to get them working again
there is another curious thing i have notices. all asc files generated through tool made by ephemerality have a long code (>12 digits) before the .asc name. however, all free ebooks have an .asc preceded by the B0 number. can this be of any help?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #117
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The number/code is the ASIN (exth 113) identifying the book. Amazon-provided ASINs always use the B0... format.

All that tells us is the book didn't come from Amazon.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:42 AM   #118
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The number/code is the ASIN (exth 113) identifying the book. Amazon-provided ASINs always use the B0... format.

All that tells us is the book didn't come from Amazon.
........nopes.....

Last edited by loco; 03-25-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #119
loco
Connoisseur

plus. since i use calibre, i prefer to import metadata through various sources. there is one question though. even if i choose amazon.com as the metadata provider, the asc files still have that loooooooooong code before .asc.......any comments on this?

Last edited by loco; 03-25-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #120
darrenmcg
Enthusiast
darrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Voyage 5.8.9.2
I'll have a guess here...
Your MOBI/AZW/AZW3 file needs to have an Amazon format ASIN, use the "Quality Check Plugin->Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire function" that way the ASC file will have the correct name format. Otherwise during conversion Calibre will create a UUID for the ASIN, that is the looooooooong number you're seeing. X-ray Generator uses the ASIN for file naming, as in: XRAY.entities.ASIN.asc (which is correct), or in your case XRAY.entities.UUID.asc.
darrenmcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray