Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #16
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by newday07 View Post
As per the title, new firmware update is available!
Let's hope for any possible exploits for jailbreaking! I'm wondering if Krack will work in order to jailbreak Kindles.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #17
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
And I'm curious to see if that will have any influence on rescue pack/coward's rescue pack functionality.
it is important
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #18
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It is odd the the new version is only available for the new Oasis and the PW3 so far. I hope that this isn't an indication that the PW2 will no longer be receiving updates.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #19
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
What is strange is that the 7th gen Paperwhite already has an update, but none of the 8th gen devices or the 7th gen voyage.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #20
newday07
Connoisseur
newday07 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It is odd the the new version is only available for the new Oasis and the PW3 so far. I hope that this isn't an indication that the PW2 will no longer be receiving updates.
5.8.11 PW3 update give me different problems with pc connection. maybe they decide to update the PW3 too in order to fix them.
newday07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #21
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by newday07 View Post
5.8.11 PW3 update give me different problems with pc connection. maybe they decide to update the PW3 too in order to fix them.
I just updated my PW3s to 5.8.2 without any problem. I was having no problem connecting to my computer with 5.8.1.1 either.

The only thing I found was the storage management and the way I use my Paperwhites it has never been a problem.

Last edited by patrickt; 10-30-2017 at 03:02 PM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #22
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The pw3 update's what's new link in the device info page mentions the new storage management option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_img_20171030_142520.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	159696  

Last edited by binaryhermit; 10-30-2017 at 03:31 PM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I just updated my PW3s to 5.8.2 without any problem. I was having no problem connecting to my computer with 5.8.1.1 either.

The only thing I found was the storage management and the way I use my Paperwhites it has never been a problem.
Do you mean 5.8.11?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So for the PW3, it looks like the new firmware isn't a worthwhile update to 5.8.11.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #25
newday07
Connoisseur
newday07 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So for the PW3, it looks like the new firmware isn't a worthwhile update to 5.8.11.
for me this update was important because the pc connection problem I had has been solved

did you notice that they changed the restart page icon? for now, I don't like it so much

Last edited by newday07; 10-30-2017 at 05:34 PM.
newday07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #26
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
With all the update & Audio Flies .... soon you wont have any space to read 1 ebook or listen to 1 audible.... which will make them useless! Expensive Paperweights!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
With all the update & Audio Flies .... soon you wont have any space to read 1 ebook or listen to 1 audible.... which will make them useless! Expensive Paperweights!
Barbara,
What are you talking about? I think the updates go to the Amazon side not the user side of the memory.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #28
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
You may benefit from learning some basics about file sizes and storage capacity.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #29
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I have two Paperwhite 3 Kindles. One has 2.6Gb of free space and the other 2.8Gb. I'm not ready to panic.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:55 AM   #30
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
You may benefit from learning some basics about file sizes and storage capacity.
I Know what I See on my PW3 & these updates & Voice Flies are cutting into my e-book space.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 10-31-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote