Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur
Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Errors with hyperlinks

Hi there,

I'm coding an ePub with many hyperlinks in it. Things are going great but I've found two bugs with no (to me) solutions:

1)http://www4.agr.gc.ca/AAFC-AAC/displ...7176899&lang=f

2)http://www.agrivision.ca/pdf/factsheets/herb&spice.pdf

Both of them have "&" in it and Sigil thinks it's a call for a command and I have several errors and I can't save my file.

Is there any way to keep my hyperlink active and keep the infos avaible for the reader?
Ti-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Try replacing all ampersands in llinks with &
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
You could also use a URL shortening service. MURLS is a free desktop app that helps a lot with this http://code.google.com/p/murls/
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur
Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Try replacing all ampersands in llinks with &
COOL! Thanks, I didn't know I was able to use &amp into a hyperlink!
Thanks a lot!
Ti-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Not just "able to". For standards compliance, you're required to use either & or one of the equivalent numerical entities whenever you want an ampersand literal to appear in HTML, whether it's in an attribute value or in the body of the text.

Most web browsers will silently turn improper ampersands into literals for you because so many web developers get it wrong so frequently (which ironically contributes to more and more developers getting it wrong), but it's still wrong.

It would probably be a good idea to run xmllint on your content. It's a great tool for catching these sorts of mistakes, and IIRC would have flagged that as an invalid entity.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert