Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #106
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi KevinH,
thanks for taking time. I did a check of the translation file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
But if you look at the code, it already used tr() on two of the menu actions:

QAction *tokeniseAction = new QAction(tr("Tokenise Selection"), menu);

QAction *saveSearchAction = new QAction(tr("Save Search") % "...", menu);

So at least those two menu entries should already be translatable.
These two items have an actual translation in transifex:
Spoiler:
Code:
<context>
    <name>FindReplaceQLineEdit</name>
    <message>
        <location filename="../../Misc/FindReplaceQLineEdit.cpp" line="58"/>
        <source>Tokenise Selection</source>
        <translation>Tokenisierte Auswahl</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <location filename="../../Misc/FindReplaceQLineEdit.cpp" line="71"/>
        <source>Save Search</source>
        <translation>Speichere Suche</translation>
    </message>
</context>

Quote:
The remainder of the entries in the men come from a standard Qt call:

QMenu *menu = createStandardContextMenu();

which builds the Undo, , etc, side of things and that should also be translatable.
KevinH
It looks like this is not the only window what have no or only partly translations. I find as well in most of the toolbox windows (e.g. .for saved searches, clip editor, metadata editor etc. pls. see pictures). If you make a right click in the input mask for filter on the top, there you find as well the not translated menu.

Quote:
As for the "Saved Searches Help, Example Searches ... all I have found so far is an installed search_entries.ini file. I am not sure where this gets built into a menu yet.
KevinH
I guess the best way to translate this is opening the toolbox for save searches (and clips) and edit the names from the list. I must confess I totally forgot this link.

Therefore, this is something, where I have no good answer to go forward. I can translate the ini files, but how to bring this in a proper way to Sigli's user? I can attach it here, but in a half-year later, this will be forgotten and the next one will ask the same question. In addition, the two files are in the example folder of the program, but if you use it, a copy of the file will take place in the user's preference folder and this file will be used for the future. So this is not only a simple replacement of a file.
Same for clips.

My guess is to leave this section as it is, because they are part of examples for clips and saved serches.

Maybe it is a good idea to have the "help" as translated strings out of the ini files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenSigil1.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	129939   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenSigil2.JPG
Views:	575
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	129940   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenSigil3.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	129941   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenSigil4.JPG
Views:	568
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	129942  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #107
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Anything loaded from an ini file is not translatable and is not meant to be translated. The default clips are just there so it's not empty and people don't get confused. It was never meant to be localized and if the person doesn't understand it they're better off deleting it anyway.

The menus that Divingduck has pointed out are a long standing issue. They are created by Qt and the strings are part of Qt. Qt does provide translations files for a number of languages, however they are not packaged or used at this time. Packaging and using them is the long standing issue.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #108
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi All,

Just a head's up. Given the increased size of the Sigil downloads, I plan to stop including translations that are less than 30% complete into the official Source Code archives and builds.

If any **active** translation team would like an exception to that rule, we would of course be happy to provide one.

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:41 AM   #109
501greenrigg
501greenrigg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
clahing sigl versions

Been using sigil, converting with calibre, but got clashes between XPpro version and windows 8, so is there any way to rip the text from the sigil version ? or see ? and edit ? the source code of sigil ?
501greenrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #110
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501greenrigg View Post
Been using sigil, converting with calibre, but got clashes between XPpro version and windows 8, so is there any way to rip the text from the sigil version ? or see ? and edit ? the source code of sigil ?
I am not quite sure what this has to do with the translating of Sigil, but you can look up the code on the Github site of Sigil: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #111
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
[rant]
Come on! Is this a joke or what?

Binding designer: Use for a person or organization responsible for the binding design of a book, including the type of binding, the type of materials used, and any decorative aspects of the binding.

Caster: A person, family, or organization involved in manufacturing a resource by pouring a liquid or molten substance into a mold and leaving it to solidify to take the shape of the mold.

Medium: A person held to be a channel of communication between the earthly world and a different world.

Seller: A former owner of an item who sold that item to another owner.

Setting aside the often difficult translation of all these terms (not these in particular) to other languages. Do we really need or want such a vast selection of different minor roles, most of them never related to ebooks? Wouldn't it be better to simply give a list and a link to some online resource? Seriously, this is insane.
[/rant]

On the other hand, I realize it is difficult to draw the line, and easy to just copy the full list in the English version and let the translators deal with that.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #112
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,
As far as I know that Marc Relators list has only dropped a few obsolete entries and updated two of them. The great bulk of that list should already be translated and exist in your prior translation sets for Metadata.cpp. All I did was move it to its own file MarcRelators so it could be shared between epub2 and epub3 gui editors.
I assumed since they already existed before, the translation software would be able to automatically update them.

If someone would like to take a shot a hand pruning that set, I would be happy to remove them. If you want me to dig up the translations from an earlier .ts file that should already have virtually all of these translations, please let me know and I can pull it from the github tree. I just thought the translation code would handle all of that for you, which is why I did not change the list much at all.

Just let me know what language you want and I can grab the records from the .ts file that had this information previously for you.

Sorry about that,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 03-01-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #113
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

For example: I chose one of the .ts files from Sigil-0.9.3 and opened it and searched for "Binding designer" and found the following.

Code:
<message>
        <location filename="../../BookManipulation/Metadata.cpp" line="352"/>
        <source>Binding designer</source>
        <translation>Diseñador de la encuadernación</translation>
    </message>
So most if not all of these entries should be already be translated and just need to be moved slightly. If it would help, I could write python script to extract them into some form you can import into the translation software in some way.

Just let me know and I will pull something together to try to automate the process.

KevinH
Old 03-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #114
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem, it was a tongue-in-cheek complaint. Sure, most of the strings were already there. I'm using the online transifex interface, and it wasn't smart enough to do it by itself, but it gave "suggestions" with 100%, so it was easy to do semi-automatically. Still there are quite a few terms needing new translations.

I thought most of this stuff was unnecessary the first time I translated it, and now the last straw was that "Medium" thing, and its description. And this "a family" in some descriptions is funny too. Can the caster be a family and not the binding designer?

PS. The "Binding designer" I had already translated, try "Praeses", which is still untranslated, and I think is new.

Last edited by Jellby; 03-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #115
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Jelby,

Yes sorry about that. I actually think the entire "Caster" entry is wrong. I think it means a person who casts a movie or play, not someone pouring molten metal. And yes "Medium" is another real winner. If you want, you can simply post a list of terms you want deleted here and I will gladly shrink down the MarcRelators list so that it is more focused on writing, audio for ebooks, video for ebooks, etc and then remove any mystical elements and the pouring of molten metal! ;-)

Thanks,

KevinH
Old 03-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #116
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Jelby,

BTW: Wait to you get to the new epub3 Landmark Semantic Vocabulary. I had to look up many of these terms because I had never heard of some of them (and that is in my native language). At least they all are book related.

KevinH
Old 03-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #117
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Depending on the print medium, a caster might be the person who poured the type metal ingots used in a Linotype (hot type)

This industry has archaic roots.

You must buy TTF or OTF fonts from a Foundry
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #118
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Depending on the print medium, a caster might be the person who poured the type metal ingots used in a Linotype (hot type)

You must buy TTF or OTF fonts from a Foundry
And I want a MARC relator for the woodcutter who cut down the tree the paper is made from.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #119
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
If you want, you can simply post a list of terms you want deleted here and I will gladly shrink down the MarcRelators list so that it is more focused on writing, audio for ebooks, video for ebooks, etc and then remove any mystical elements and the pouring of molten metal! ;-)
I'm afraid I don't have the time or energy to do that now. After all, I don't even use Sigil! (I'm comfortable with my vim workflow).
Old 03-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #120
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Actually it is. (So my Dad would have been the caster, he operated at Linotype machine (or rather several) from 1950 until he retired around 20 years ago, much due to his disliking the computer layout systems bought by his employer at that time. I sometimes visited him at work when I was a boy, and I was downright amazed by the speed of the machinery spitting out line after line to page after page, under my Dads dancing fingers …)

But I digress: Some of you probably already know it, but maybe it'll help one or another: Library of Congress has a very nice page explaining the MARC21 relators, and somewhere on their pages there are also one with links to various local pages with translations and such.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote