Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
paix
paix began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
kindle touch problem, book list does not renew now

Kindle touch should list book read most recently first, but instead, my kt does not change book list now. No matter what book I read, the top most one in the list will not change.

Following is what I have done before this problem happen:

1. I have jailbreak the KT
2. change fonts since I want to read chinese books
3. remove .assets directory
4. change picture in directory ad_screensaver to empty picture since step 3 will bring out tips (let me register to get latest special offer)
5. do factory reset since step 4 bring ugly screen saver out.
6. repeat step 1 to 4, remove adunits after stop framework, then restart framework
7. I got trouble

Which step has bring me to trouble, and what shall I do to correct it, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Besides, there's another problem, I have change KT time several times(since I am in +8 time zone), but it always go back to its old time. Is this the reason for my recently list problem? I dont think so, since many days have passed since last time KT return to its own clock, but the problem persist.
paix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Yes, it is probably due to the time problem you have had. My KT hasn't had this problem yet, but I saw it occasionally with my K3. It seems that the internal clock would get out of synch with the real world some times. If I reset the clock to the current time it would 'fix' itself.

I don't know how all of your hacks interact with this problem. However, assuming its just the time and that you have a book 'stuck' at the top, then I would first rest/change the time. Then I would delete and re-add the stuck book. Now try opening up a new book and see if it goes to the top.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
paix
paix began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
thank you very much, emellaich

thank you very much, emellaich, for you advice

But now I decide to throw my kindle away, and I will not use it any more.

I am disappointed from the moment I got KT and registered, since Amazon do not provide free e-book to non-American. Yes, I know amazon do not sell KT outside America. I just think they will sell to other country later, like apple, so buy a KT from friend or dealer now is also ok. But in fact it's not so, seems Amazon do not treat people equally.

Software in KT is far from good too. If I put too many books into it, there will be a mess. Books are not organized in directory, but in a long list. How terrible. That means, I cannot put all my books in, and select, but have to add books from time to time.

Then the problem of special offer. Yes, I agree with those good man who say we should keep SO. And I indeed keep them for several days, till I found out many ADs are very ugly. And I cannot select which one to show, and which not.

I have even try to delete some of them, to keep those beautiful AD, but that wont work, those ugly ADs keep on coming back.

So I have to disable all of them, and I got trouble. So I post this thread. Then I found quarrel in other thread about SO and AD. I don't agree those who are saying stop SO are bad and jailbreak are good. It's too complex to argue on moral and ethics. To make things simple, they should just talk about Tos, since it's written there, clearly.

But what it mean, then? KT software is rubbish, and I can't jailbreak to install other software. Then KT will be no more than a brick. I am very angry when I find out this. So I throw KT outside my window.

Somebody said KT screen is very fragile, I think it's not true. Since screen of my KT is not broken. But still, I will not use it. Unless amazon correct their policy, and make their software acceptable. Don't tell me I violate the Tos, Amazon has done their job very poorly, so I will not let them get profit from advertisement.
paix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paix View Post
thank you very much, emellaich, for you advice

But now I decide to throw my kindle away, and I will not use it any more.

I am disappointed from the moment I got KT and registered, since Amazon do not provide free e-book to non-American. Yes, I know amazon do not sell KT outside America. I just think they will sell to other country later, like apple, so buy a KT from friend or dealer now is also ok. But in fact it's not so, seems Amazon do not treat people equally.

Software in KT is far from good too. If I put too many books into it, there will be a mess. Books are not organized in directory, but in a long list. How terrible. That means, I cannot put all my books in, and select, but have to add books from time to time.

Then the problem of special offer. Yes, I agree with those good man who say we should keep SO. And I indeed keep them for several days, till I found out many ADs are very ugly. And I cannot select which one to show, and which not.

I have even try to delete some of them, to keep those beautiful AD, but that wont work, those ugly ADs keep on coming back.

So I have to disable all of them, and I got trouble. So I post this thread. Then I found quarrel in other thread about SO and AD. I don't agree those who are saying stop SO are bad and jailbreak are good. It's too complex to argue on moral and ethics. To make things simple, they should just talk about Tos, since it's written there, clearly.

But what it mean, then? KT software is rubbish, and I can't jailbreak to install other software. Then KT will be no more than a brick. I am very angry when I find out this. So I throw KT outside my window.

Somebody said KT screen is very fragile, I think it's not true. Since screen of my KT is not broken. But still, I will not use it. Unless amazon correct their policy, and make their software acceptable. Don't tell me I violate the Tos, Amazon has done their job very poorly, so I will not let them get profit from advertisement.

Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
+1

soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Touch
Touch doesn't litterTouch doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I haven't had a clock problem but I did have the problem with the books not sorting. It turned out to be a bad book title. Once I changed the book title, shortened the title and took out puncution, using Calibre every thing returned to normal. I also jailbroke my KT so I could use the hack to add my own screen saver pics and it still works fine.
Touch is offline   Reply With Quote