Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
erikk
Enthusiast
erikk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Collections out of order on Sony PRS-505

I just started using Calibre 0.7.13 and I'm having all my series showing up in reverse order on my PRS-505.

I assign books series number 1-7 for example and book 7 shows up as book 1, book 6 as book 2, etc.

What am I doing wrong here? I mean it'd be one thing if they were all just mishmashed up but they're all exactly opposite what they should be.

Thanks in advance for any help.
erikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Some questions:

1) What setting are you using for metadata management (preferences -> add/save -> send to device)?

2) What have you put in the Sony device customization for creating collections?

3) Are the collections you are looking at built from the series column? In particular, are there any tags with the same names?

4) Assuming you are building collections from series, what happens to the list if you send one book from the series to the 505? Does the order change?

5) What version of calibre was used to originally add the books to the Sony?

If you have not manually added collections (all your collections are built from tags and from series), then you can try changing metadata management to automatic then plugging in your sony (plug in the device after you make the change). With that setting, calibre will resend the series and tag metadata to the device, deleting all existing collections and then re-adding collections from current metadata. Please note: when using 'automatic', calibre will delete any collections that were manually added or are not represented in current metadata. Don't change the setting if deleting such collections will cause you unhappiness.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert