Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Wikipedia always shows up in German!!

I would pull my hair out if I had any!!
Kindle Paperwhite 2.
Is there a way to make sure Wikipedia is in English? I don't know why, but every time I click on a word, the dictionary definition comes up in English but Wikipedia is in German.
Can anyone help? Or do we just blame it on Brexit??
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
I would pull my hair out if I had any!!
Kindle Paperwhite 2.
Is there a way to make sure Wikipedia is in English? I don't know why, but every time I click on a word, the dictionary definition comes up in English but Wikipedia is in German.
Can anyone help? Or do we just blame it on Brexit??
This is probably due to your ISP endpoint being (wrongly?) geolocated in Germany. Unfortunately the Kindle web browser has no way to set your preferred language, nor to force use of en.wikipedia.org in particular to look up Wikipedia articles, so you cannot fix this that I know of
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
You had me at ISP enpoint, Null
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paperwhite 2, wikipedia's language