Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #361
kkmarco
kkmarco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hello, I have a KOA2 bought from Amazon US. Firmware version 5.10.1.1(which is the last one). I forgot the original version, but it is version after 5.9.4.
Serial Number is G000 P8

I try to put update_kindle_all_new_oasis_5.9.4.bin into my device, but it show Update Error - An invlid update file has been loaded on your device. Please go to ...
Mostly like it can't restore to Factory-5.9.0.6, as I read from previous post.

I want to Jailbreak KOA2 because I want to fully make use of the screen when reading PDF. Currently the build in PDF reader add some margin to PDF file(which I already crop the white space, but still some margin is add by default).
Please send me the password to the files of koa2 jailbreak,thanks. Hope the jailbreak will work!
kkmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #362
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You have already gotten the only result you are going to get, regardless of the file used.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2018, 07:47 AM   #363
kkmarco
kkmarco began at the beginning.

Thanks for your reply. I just wonder why screensaver use every inch of the screen but not for reader...
kkmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:06 AM   #364
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmarco View Post
Thanks for your reply. I just wonder why screensaver use every inch of the screen but not for reader...
At this point, that is a question for Amazon support. At this time there is no way to jailbreak a device that has had the firmware updated from the originally shipped versions listed in the jailbreak thread 5.9.0.5.1 or 5.9.0.6.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #365
Stiehler
Doctor Who ?
Stiehler began at the beginning.

Does the Jailbreak work on 5.9.7 ?
Stiehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #366
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Stiehler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Notes:
KOA2 devices have started to ship with firmwares more recent than the two versions listed at the top of the directions. We can not jail break those.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #367
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Hello, I'm going to give this a try with my new KO2 when it arrives tomorrow (assuming the pre-installed firmware will allow me to do so). I saw a note as I was reading through all the posts here not to connect to a Mac as part of the process; however, in the jailbreak instructions here as well as those posted for the new Paperwhite it makes no formal mention of this. As a Mac owner is this still an issue or something that was ironed out earlier? Basically, I'm reading turn on new device, skip wifi, block updates, install factory image (if possible), install jailbreak, install hot fix. Thanks!
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #368
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The "Not using Mac" was about a different topic, not about jail breaking.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:21 AM   #369
bozza111
Connoisseur
bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KOA2
I think it was about macOS automatically extracting archives that are downloaded through any browser.

It is imperative that one of the archives that you download is left untouched. On my mac I find that it moves the original archive to the trash as soon as it downloads.
bozza111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:48 AM   #370
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Safari indeed does stupid things with gzip & zip archives, by default. See this post for a recap of a few of the usual gotchas with macOS's "Quality of Life" "features"...

(Ignore the bit about hidden folders, that's only relevant in Kobo-land).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #371
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Excellent thank you, knc1, bozza111, and NiLuJe - I'll ensure that all the file is untouched by changing the settings you linked to, kind regards!

Edit: ah, unfortunately the default firmware was 5.9.6.1, looks like I'm out of luck for now!

Last edited by mgrimace; 12-03-2018 at 07:02 PM.
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #372
dmroberts
dmroberts began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
I just got a KOA2, and I'd love to be able to jailbreak it. It shipped with 5.9.0.6 firmware, and I've put the OTA blocking folder in the root.
dmroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #373
dedy
dedy began at the beginning.

Device: oasis 2
New KOA2

I recently landed a brand new KOA2 with a jailbreakable firmware 5.9.0.5.1
Can anyone share the jailbreak password with me??
dedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #374
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmroberts View Post
I just got a KOA2, and I'd love to be able to jailbreak it. It shipped with 5.9.0.6 firmware, and I've put the OTA blocking folder in the root.
Try reading paragraph #1:
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jailbreak.xhtml
Old 12-27-2018, 02:41 AM   #375
seeker7
seeker7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
KOA2

My Kindle KOA2 has current firmware number 5.9.0.5.1, can someone share the password with me?

Also, reading the github documentation even after being on 5.9.0.5.1 do I need to Install a Factory Use Only firmware build aka step 4 or can I directly install the jailbreak and the survival code? Sorry, if I misunderstood something English is not my native language.
seeker7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2