Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Kindle 4 NT battery replacement?

Has anyone successfully replaced or seen reference to a replacement of an NT battery yet? I know it is glued in but people always seem to find a way around such things. I have the best e-ink screen I have ever seen after going through several to get it so I would like to figure out if extending it's life will be possible. I would hate to give it up just because the battery wears out.

Or...given that the Touch battery is not glued in and seemingly replaceable...could I transplant my screen into a Touch later on? Are they specs identical? I have seen the tear downs and it looks like it would be physically possible if they are compatible.

Basically after all the trouble I went through to get this wonderful screen I don't want to give it up
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO1Tg2OsPjU
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hey thank you so much! Initially the teardown videos were saying it was impossible to take it out without damaging things but I had hopes someone would come up with a procedure. Looks pretty simple.

I tend to keep devices for as long as I can and I love the NT so this is great news. Now I know I don't have to give up this superb screen I got when the battery keels over and risk the Amazon e-ink lottery.

Thanks again.

Last edited by heeby; 07-13-2012 at 07:45 PM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Thanks for the info. I also hope to keep my K4 for many years.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote