Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassipo View Post
That is correct..... that is why I was trying to find out how I could get books purchased from other sites on my Clara hd....
In that case I think you missed a "not" or two somewhere in your post.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #17
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In that case I think you missed a "not" or two somewhere in your post.
No, I think you, davidfor, missed a not. They said originally (and I think in all subsequent posts) that they meant books NOT bought from Kobo. What they did say was that they had added these non-kobo books to the Kobo App. I think that was what was confusing, because they were referring to books in the kobo app, that weren't bought from Kobo.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The books I have on my Kobo app on my iphone were not purchased from Kobo....
Quote:
I called Kobo and they said that books that purchased from Kobo will not go into their cloud even if they are on the phone app so I can't open them on my Clara.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
No, I think you, davidfor, missed a not. They said originally (and I think in all subsequent posts) that they meant books NOT bought from Kobo. What they did say was that they had added these non-kobo books to the Kobo App. I think that was what was confusing, because they were referring to books in the kobo app, that weren't bought from Kobo.
Did you read the post I quoted? And have requoted and deliberately split a bit. The second sentence is what I was referring to. That is what is apparently missing a "not". Or maybe a "that" should be a "not". Or just overall better grammar.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Okay, okay. All agree OP intended to say that third party books wouldn't sync, however it was phrased.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #20
Sassipo
Enthusiast
Sassipo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Ipad, Ipad mini, Kobo Clara HD
Sorry for the confusion..... I downloaded books onto my kobo app, which were not purchased from kobo, on my iPhone 10 thinking they would sync with my Clara hd..... they did not so I was trying to find an easy way to get the non kobo books on my Clara....
Sassipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #21
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you read the post I quoted? And have requoted and deliberately split a bit. The second sentence is what I was referring to. That is what is apparently missing a "not". Or maybe a "that" should be a "not". Or just overall better grammar.
I did. And still understood what the OP wanted. All through the thread. Several places you seemed confused at what was being said based on your reply. It didn't make sense. In my read through of the thread, the other replies made sense according to the issue mentioned in the OP. I was just trying to point that out. Not trying to start an argument.

Sometimes I read through an entire thread and one person seems to be missing something based on their replies....I was just trying to stop the misunderstanding from continuing.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #22
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Thank you both for your help! I am an avid reader, have been for years....however I hate to say I am a bit intimidated with Calibre....I must have over 7000 books between my kindle, nook, kobo and ibooks that I need to get on there as I am all over the place.....I will tackle one at a time starting with the kobo books....
The problem with Calibre is that it does so much so there are a lot of controls. The saving grace is that it's usually not hard to find what you're looking for.

I use Calibre only for conversions so I can read the same book on my Kindle or my Kobo or my Nook or Moon+ reader on my phone. It does a great job of that. It's very fast. I rarely convert more than one book but a few times I did a bunch of books at once and it was still fast and easy.

I think if you decide on one thing you want Calibre to do, in the beginning, and figure out how to do that, it'll be fairly easy. The other stuff can wait.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #23
Sassipo
Enthusiast

Thanks Barry! That is what I will attempt this weekend....
Old 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Thanks Barry! That is what I will attempt this weekend....
Before you pull in your Kobo, kindle and B&N books, make sure you grab the dr-DRM tools from the Apprentice Alf website*

If you have DRM-free epubs, start with those to get used to Calibre. Then install the de-DRM tools and start adding the books you bought from those stores.

De-DRM info here is limited, but the Apprentice Alf site can help you more explicitly there.

*I believe it is okay to link to, according to guidance in a different thread. If I'm wrong, please do remove the offending link or let me know.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #25
i_m_sherlocked
i_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Clara HD, ASUS Transformer Book T100TA
^ what @ZodWallop said;
calibre only looks busy, but it is dead easy
i_m_sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #26
Sassipo
Enthusiast

This rookie thanks you!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #27
Sassipo
Enthusiast

Thank you!!!!! I am downloading it to my laptop now......