Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Case for T68

I have ordered a T68 that should arrive in the next days. Which case are you using for your T68? I know there is a slim magnetic one (from Booxtor I think) but I have been using those on readers and tablets and although the slim factor is a great plus, those cases are not my cup of tea (I like an elastic band to close the case, and if possible a strap to hold the reader when reading).

I have read about Kindle Fire cases being a good fit, can anyone confirm ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #2
un lecteur
un lecteur doesn't litterun lecteur doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox T-68
I use the one from booxtor. It's quite slim and the magnets are a great, when I close the cover, the reader shut down automatically.
In the other hand, it feel cheap (leatherette) and It's not the prettier cover I have ever seen.
Overall, it do the job. I don't know about Kindle Fire cases
un lecteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I can confirm that the Kindle fire hdx 7 case does not work, or the one I bought was just a little too small although their dimensions are almost identical. It could have just been the one I bought though. My old nook color one fits okay, but it's too big.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
sabryna131
sabryna131 began at the beginning.

Device: nook stgl, nook hd+,pw1,pw2,kv,nookhd,aurahd,nook tab4
Actually, if you can find a kindle keyboard case with the elastic bands on both the top and bottom corners the T68 will fit in it but make sure all the straps are elastic because sometimes the bottom corner ones have no give and the T68 will not fit in those.
sabryna131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Ty Sabryna I'll check that out, my issue with the Kindle hdx is that even though it's the closest in size to the t68, the case I bought did not have the elastic band s. I'm sure a case worth elastic bands would be best, maybe I should take my t68 up to big lots. They sell lots of cases in their stores.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #6
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I'm using a Verso cover that I got at Borders when they were having those big clearance sales. It was intended to be a short term thing but it fits nicely. It's the red one with all different cities written all over it.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 AM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love that Verso cover you mentionned, just waiting for it to be on sales...

I have a cover for the ipad mini with elastic bands that I don't use and that might do the trick (the dimensions seem to be almost similar). Waiting for the T68 now, will keep you posted as soon as it arrives and I have tried the cover on.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest buying the Booxstor case. It may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it provides good protection and gets the job done. I recommend it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #9
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd suggest buying the Booxstor case. It may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it provides good protection and gets the job done. I recommend it.
seconded.
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
seconded.
Me too: +1 for Booxtor's cover.
It hasn't a very good smell, when you pull it away the box but it's very useful and handy ( and cheap... ;-).
They have'n't a "shocking purple" one....... (Grrrrrrr! ;-).

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertphava View Post
Me too: +1 for Booxtor's cover.
It hasn't a very good smell, when you pull it away the box but it's very useful and handy ( and cheap... ;-).
They have'n't a "shocking purple" one....... (Grrrrrrr! ;-).

HP
The "chemical" smell (which is presumably from the dye) disappears after a few days.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #12
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
You're right: i've forgot to say it
;-)

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #13
aceflor
Wizard

Just to confirm : any ipad mini case with elastic will do the job very well. The Reader is very well protected, not moving around at all. If I have some time I will do some pics later today.

Re: Booxtor case
I am sure it fits perfectly and is functional, but I just don't like these types of covers. And black is not an option anyway.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
And black is not an option anyway.
It is. I got the black case.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard

No, what I meant was black is not an option for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.