Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
daisygrl2009
daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.

Device: nook hd
Book sideloaded onto nook hd don't appear in series order

I've spent hour twiddling with the template language and finally gave up on accomplishing my goal without help. My goal is to have books loaded from calibre to my nook hd sorted by author last name then series (in order of series number). I was finally able to get the books to load to my nook with the proper subfolder by configuring the device with the template language but they still appear in my nook library in no particular order (not even alphabetical by title).

I've tried restarting my device and computer and have un and reinstalled calibre to no avail. I've also double checked to make sure the series name matches all books and there are no articles in my test series "Immortals after dark"

My current template language is {author_sort}/{series_index}/{title}
After configuring my device with that the files on my nook show author>series title>series number the folders are in the proper order but in my nook library on the actual device the books have no apparent order.

Anyone have a fix for this? Not super tech savvy so the for dummies version would be appreciated.
daisygrl2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygrl2009 View Post
I've spent hour twiddling with the template language and finally gave up on accomplishing my goal without help. My goal is to have books loaded from calibre to my nook hd sorted by author last name then series (in order of series number). I was finally able to get the books to load to my nook with the proper subfolder by configuring the device with the template language but they still appear in my nook library in no particular order (not even alphabetical by title).

I've tried restarting my device and computer and have un and reinstalled calibre to no avail. I've also double checked to make sure the series name matches all books and there are no articles in my test series "Immortals after dark"

My current template language is {author_sort}/{series_index}/{title}
After configuring my device with that the files on my nook show author>series title>series number the folders are in the proper order but in my nook library on the actual device the books have no apparent order.

Anyone have a fix for this? Not super tech savvy so the for dummies version would be appreciated.
Try this as a send to device template.
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} - {title}

When I had a nook touch and used folders I used to use this
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}

But both these will work for browsing by folders only. If nook scans and uses the epub internal metadata. You will also need to use metadata plugboards to add series name and number to the title.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
daisygrl2009
daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.daisygrl2009 is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Try this as a send to device template.
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} - {title}

When I had a nook touch and used folders I used to use this
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}

But both these will work for browsing by folders only. If nook scans and uses the epub internal metadata. You will also need to use metadata plugboards to add series name and number to the title.
This didn't work for me-still loads in no discernible order. I tried fiddling with the metadata plugboards this morning and that resulted in my test series being loaded 3 times without being able to delete them from the device so I'll have to do a factory reset
Old 06-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
daisygrl2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygrl2009 View Post
This didn't work for me-still loads in no discernible order. I tried fiddling with the metadata plugboards this morning and that resulted in my test series being loaded 3 times without being able to delete them from the device so I'll have to do a factory reset
Actually I take that back. on my new test series with the template suggested above all books are in series order but the last one- #17
Old 06-21-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
daisygrl2009

after a reset my original test series using the above template still doesn't load in order though a different order before...but still not in any order that makes sense
Old 06-21-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
daisygrl2009

Scratch all that 5 resets later {author_sort}/ {series} {series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
worked and all is right with the world. Thanks for the help

Tags
nook, order, series