Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #61
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Well, the Kindle can take half an hour of water.

I am still wondering how Amazon could release such a faulty and overpriced cover product.
I wouldn't mind it not working under water; I just wanted it to still be in good shape after it dried out. I agree that it was overpriced and the stand implementation left a lot to be desired.

As it turns out though, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I decided the Oasis was just too painful to hold so yesterday I sent it, and the case, back to Amazon.

I'll stick with my H2O2 for now.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #62
Shinytop
Connoisseur
Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Shinytop never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have the charcoal cloth cover. I find it works well. I did find the back slippery and it was a chore to find the right way to hold it one handed. I received my Decal Girl decal yesterday and can report it helps. At first I was not sure but then I realized I was holding it easier one handed which is the way I read most of the time. And my Amazon cloth cover still holds well.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #63
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
I am thinking of getting skinomi instead, because they cover the edges as well.

http://www.skinomi.com/sk32491-oasis...protector.html

Have anyone tried it yet?
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
I am thinking of getting skinomi instead, because they cover the edges as well.

http://www.skinomi.com/sk32491-oasis...protector.html

Have anyone tried it yet?
So with this skin, how do you protect the screen?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #65
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
@Deskisamess
I did get a roll of gaffer tape from amazon, tested it on an old S3 phone and old iPad3, no residue so I put a strip on the thick back part of the Oasis, a big help, thank you for this suggestion!

I can now read in bed w/o the cover.

I have a cheap PU cover coming from China too, looks like the Fintie.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #66
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the "Saddle Tan" leather cover, and like it a lot. The price is on a par with previous Amazon leather covers, and those for other devices.
Cheaper than the Voyage Origami leather cover priced at $85!

I only have the vinyl one.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #67
Ocicat
Groupie

After 11 days my tan leather case magnets are also stronger, and from a post here I have learned to remove the back first and put on the front first which helps.

Couple of cons - it does not stand straight and 3 times after carrying it with one hand to go from one room to another, cover jggled a bit and turned on Oasis. So now I always check the light.

The spine on my cover might be a tad too wide.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:01 AM   #68
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am not planning to protect the screen. I want this skin, because I want more grip, and so that I don't feel cold touching it.
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #69
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Not at all, the screen needs no protection!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #70
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Not at all, the screen needs no protection!
The only Kindle I've ever damaged was the screen.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #71
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
i store the reader in a sleeve or a zippered case. when i pull it out to read, there is minimal added weight if i want to hold it, and it fits on a stand better without a case should i choose to use a stand.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #72
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
I am also interested in getting DecalGirl, but I am afraid the magnet of my cover won't stick well afterwards. Please do tell us your experience. If you can also upload some pictures, it would be even better.
the decal is no thicker than a sheet of paper or two. so to test, just insert paper in between the kindle and your cover. i don't think that you would lose much of the attractive force because it is so thin.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #73
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Skinomi skins also have a screen protector; I used them on my Oasis 1 and Voyage. They do make the screen highly reflective though, and I am not tempted to get one for my Oasis 2, assuming one is made available.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #74
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I’m considering getting the new Oasis but am totally turned off by the available Amazon covers. Has anyone ordered the covers just out from Fintie and / or Moko? If so, I’d appreciate some reviews when you get them in hand. TIA!
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #75
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I should have a Fintie cover the end of this week or beginning of next. My Oasis 2 is supposed to come tomorrow but I don't have it yet either.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used