Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #31
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Hallo MiniMouse, ich kann deine Begeisterung verstehen. Aber hast du die Rechteinhaber an den Fotos um Erlaubnis gefragt? Vermutlich nicht. Da können sich deren Anwälte als richtig teure Spielverderber entpuppen.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #32
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Here to praise your effort and passion! well done! I only read in the Sherlock BBC fandom, so I'll probably grab those in the next few days (though I have many many "official" covers made for specific fic, loooots are without one, so your idea is great!)
thank you~
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #33
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Love the Sherlock & Trek, not seeing the zips though. Am I looking in the wrong place or not up yet? This is greatly appreciated, I used a Merlin of yours just last night, was perfect for the story.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #34
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
No more Covers

This is an announcement:

It is now brought from various sides to my intention that I could get into trouble with the law for posting my Fanfiction covers the way I did and I don’t want that!

My only intention was to share my work with other Fanfiction lovers in a totally non-profit way, but obviously I am not aloud to do so. Feeling no longer comfortable, I decided to delete all the zip-files in this thread and will not post ready-to-download Covers anymore.

However, if someone wants to start making their own Fanfiction Covers and doesn't know how, I will happily try to answer any question (in a tutorial kind of way) and give you all the information I can.

Like:
- Links to find the best pictures

- how to work for example the graphic-program ‘Open pixlr editor (Advanced)’ that I used for my Covers (totally can recommend that open source program)

- help with settings, color and font for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’

I started this project with no clue whatsoever, so I think anyone can do this. It is not as difficult as it looks and only a few of my Fanfiction Covers were real work. Most of the pictures only needed to be cut for the right framing AND most of the work was actually to choose the font and the right settings for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’ afterwards. So believe me when I say that it is actually easy. All Covers I attached this time are belonging in the easy category and are only some examples what you can do for your Fanfiction library. So, feel free to try (just have to do it by yourself this time).

One last Note: When you're looking for a wonderful drawing of 'Person of Interest' you should check this side out here.

Please respect my decision.

Best wishes,

MiniMouse

Note: Pleace handle with care. These are Fanfiction covers only and are in no way to be misconstrued with original and official bookcovers for any & all published books. No infringment towards copyright is intended. This is for private use only. Don't want to get in any trouble by the owners of the pictures, because I don't own them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NCIS 3.png
Views:	632
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	108168   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCIS 4.png
Views:	634
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	108169   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCIS 6.png
Views:	602
Size:	531.5 KB
ID:	108170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Person of Interest 6.png
Views:	662
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	108174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stargate Atlantis 11.png
Views:	633
Size:	666.9 KB
ID:	108177  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #35
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I'd love to know where you're finding these images because I have zero clue and not a lot of time to research. I think I may be able to figure out the margins/fonts based on your previous zip examples.

Thank you so much for your help,
Amalthia
Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #36
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi,

I'd love to know where you're finding these images because I have zero clue and not a lot of time to research. I think I may be able to figure out the margins/fonts based on your previous zip examples.

Thank you so much for your help,
Amalthia
It is actually easy. For new series or new movies you will find a lot of stuff on the internet. Just google the series or movie you want and attach wallpaper, promo, promo pic or drawing. Set your searchoptions on only the big pictures so that you see only the onces with high quality. When you need or want a logo to put in your cover just search for the series or movie and attach logo (same searchoption-settings). Most of the time you can even find logos that are allready cut out by people.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #37
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
This is an announcement:

It is now brought from various sides to my intention that I could get into trouble with the law for posting my Fanfiction covers the way I did and I don’t want that!

My only intention was to share my work with other Fanfiction lovers in a totally non-profit way, but obviously I am not aloud to do so. Feeling no longer comfortable, I decided to delete all the zip-files in this thread and will not post ready-to-download Covers anymore.

However, if someone wants to start making their own Fanfiction Covers and doesn't know how, I will happily try to answer any question (in a tutorial kind of way) and give you all the information I can.

Like:
- Links to find the best pictures

- how to work for example the graphic-program ‘Open pixlr editor (Advanced)’ that I used for my Covers (totally can recommend that open source program)

- help with settings, color and font for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’

I started this project with no clue whatsoever, so I think anyone can do this. It is not as difficult as it looks and only a few of my Fanfiction Covers were real work. Most of the pictures only needed to be cut for the right framing AND most of the work was actually to choose the font and the right settings for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’ afterwards. So believe me when I say that it is actually easy. All Covers I attached this time are belonging in the easy category and are only some examples what you can do for your Fanfiction library. So, feel free to try (just have to do it by yourself this time).

Please respect my decision.

Best wishes,

MiniMouse

One last Note: The Person of Interest drawing I found here. I think it's a wonderful work.

Don't know who told you, you would get in trouble for that but they were exaggerating most film and TV show studios encourage fans to use their images in non-profit fan work its free publicity for them! If for any reason they want you to stop using their images they’ll sent you a Cease and Desist letter. You won’t be sued for all you’re worth. You won’t be tossed into jail! You’ll get an e-mail stating which image they want you to remove, simple as that.

Do you have anymore generic covers I’m looking for ones that have that old leather bound book look like these.

Spoiler:

How do I add the image in that attach image window so they don't come out so large?

Last edited by KayLee; 08-30-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Image size
Old 08-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post

How do I add the image in that attach image window so they don't come out so large?
Below the Compose window (the one we type into), there is an Attach files section with a Manage Attachments button - it will open another browser window (tab)

After browsing to your file(s) you must hit the Upload button, don't close the window until its finished uploading, there's a Close this window button top right corner

BR
Old 09-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
moved posts to their own thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222754
Closed Thread