Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
RavenMM
RavenMM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Generation
Screen/Lights problem on Kindle PW2 (6th Generation)

Hey guys, I have some troubles with my PW2. It started a month or so ago. The screen won't generate a new page but show overlays of the new and old after changing to a different page. It is also much darker than before. Take a look at the attached pictures, it should be obvious. Sometimes, it works again after charging it again, but there is no true and tried method. Factory reset changes nothing. Does anybody here know the reason for this behavior and/or fixes? Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0069_1.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	804.3 KB
ID:	173194   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0072_1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	914.0 KB
ID:	173195  
RavenMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMM View Post
Hey guys, I have some troubles with my PW2. It started a month or so ago. The screen won't generate a new page but show overlays of the new and old after changing to a different page. It is also much darker than before. Take a look at the attached pictures, it should be obvious. Sometimes, it works again after charging it again, but there is no true and tried method. Factory reset changes nothing. Does anybody here know the reason for this behavior and/or fixes? Thanks in advance!
Maybe a problem with the display controller?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert