Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #46
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
You know, in all seriousness, I think we should demand the same standards in ebooks that we expect in print books. These books may be free now, but next week or next month they'll be charging for them, and expecting us to buy the sequels.

I wouldn't find an illegible illustration (or bad formatting, or a lack of proofreading, or any of the other problems common to ebooks) acceptable in a print illustration. So no, I don't think they're acceptable in ebooks, either.
I totally agree, and I have purchased an ebook with a microscopic map in it. I have purchased other badly formatted ebooks. If they're going to charge the same and more for an ebook, it needs to be at least as nice as the paper version. Even with that, you're still getting less for your money.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote