Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast
secretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to behold

Device: PRS-500,Treo 750, Archos 605 Wifi
Two More Weeks!!! :(

I purchased a sony reader through the Sony Card deal. I was just told that after two weeks of waiting I need to wait 2-3 more weeks because they're on back order.

It was a real let down. It was the gadget highlight of the week.
Just needed to complain a little cause I can't really complain much. It was only $60.

I just wonder why processing time takes so long.
secretsubscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Drat. That's what they told me too.

Since someone at Sony Rewards last week had told me the Reader had been shipped, I was hoping that the info about the backorder was in error, but it looks like I'm waiting as well.
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast
secretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to behold

I looked at your post. I ordered on August 3rd.
I was tempted to go to the local retail store and pick on up, then get the money back by putting the one i get from Sony Rewards on ebay.

But I'll just wait.

...must wait...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm trying to get a Sony Reader via the credit card offer. I have yet to find out if I have been approved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast

To anyone who ordered on or around the 3rd, I just received my shipping confirmation. Its shipped USPS through. No way of tracking.
Advert
Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsubscribe View Post
To anyone who ordered on or around the 3rd, I just received my shipping confirmation. Its shipped USPS through. No way of tracking.
Are you sure? I have had things shipped "Priority" or similar USPS, and got a tracking number, which could check out on their website. Worked well.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Are you sure? I have had things shipped "Priority" or similar USPS, and got a tracking number, which could check out on their website. Worked well.
Priority mail is only tracked if it's sent Certified or Registered. Fortunately it usually only takes 2-3 days to most locations. Edit to add: And adding certified to Priority increases the shipping price, too, by just a little.

To get automatic tracking it has to be sent Express Mail (which is at least 4 times as expensive - about $17 versus $4 or so.)
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
How did you find out that it shipped? Did you get an email?
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #9
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast

I received a sparse email, thanking me for my order and informing me that it had been shipped at around 5pm Eastern.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #10
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsubscribe View Post
I received a sparse email, thanking me for my order and informing me that it had been shipped at around 5pm Eastern.
I got the same email, around the same time today. I ordered on Aug. 2.
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I ordered on 8/27, so I guess I've got a little while longer to wait! ;-) I was just hoping that maybe they shipped out a huge batch today.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
Mark Sly
Mark Sly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Woo Hoo! I just got my shipment confirmation!

I ordered on Aug 7, BTW. Been waiting on pins and needles for this thing...
Mark Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #13
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Ordered mine on 8/14 and shipped today.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #14
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
I'm sure it is some kind of error, but here is the email I received today I'll let you know what I find out when I am able to call them.

08/29/2007

Dear XXXXX XXXXX:

We regret to inform you that your Sony Rewards Order XXXXXX for the FRPRS500U has been cancelled because this item is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Visit Sony Rewards soon to find great new deals and browse our latest products at www.sonyrewards.com!

Please do not respond to this email. If you need to contact us, please e-mail customer service directly at customerservice@sonyrewards.sel.sony.com.

Thank you,

The Sony Rewards Team
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #15
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwillie View Post
I'm sure it is some kind of error, but here is the email I received today I'll let you know what I find out when I am able to call them.

08/29/2007

Dear XXXXX XXXXX:

We regret to inform you that your Sony Rewards Order XXXXXX for the FRPRS500U has been cancelled because this item is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Visit Sony Rewards soon to find great new deals and browse our latest products at www.sonyrewards.com!

Please do not respond to this email. If you need to contact us, please e-mail customer service directly at customerservice@sonyrewards.sel.sony.com.

Thank you,

The Sony Rewards Team
This can happen if it is your second order. My second order got cancelled as well. They started to close the loophole yesterday according to Customer Service. Well, at least I got one.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote