Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #2446
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
I think it depends if it´s very complicated or complex to work in the changes. If the result justifies the expense.
If I already knew how many restricted stories there are as a percentage, I probably wouldn't be asking for opinions.

This is the second time in the last 30 days AO3 has changed their login, increasing the complexity. I haven't tracked down every detail, but it looks like it now uses JS to call a separate JSON URL to get an auth token for login.

Even if I continue trying to support AO3 login, it has become a moving target that may already be out of range.

Quote:
I´d prefer the possibility to download it with FFF
edit: How does it affect the "Get StoryURL´s from Email" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Question: if it needs a login, will we be asked? I seem to remember this happening (maybe not for AO3) before I set up my personal.ini the first time.
'Restricted' story URLs, regardless of source, will throw an error:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (%s) without login and user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site." % self.url

I believe lists (author pages and series pages) will not show you restricted stories when not logged in.

Oh, and without login, FFF will not be able to collect your bookmarks that you've added to stories.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #2447
ILB
Connoisseur
ILB began at the beginning.

@MerlinMama
I got the question for the login - although I have entered everything nevertheless came an error message:

Spoiler:
Failed to Login for URL: (https://archiveofourown.org/works/20...iew_adult=true) with username: (ILB_S)

I understood it so that the login itself has changed.
To input the login data in personal.ini helps only so you do not have to enter it manually each time. So it would not make a difference if FFF uses personal.ini or you enter the data yourself.
It´s the login process that changed - if I have not misunderstood.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #2448
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It´s the login process that changed - if I have not misunderstood.
Correct. FanFicFare cannot currently login to AO3 due to changes on the site.

I am on the verge of just removing the login code for AO3 from FFF rather than trying to keep up with their ever more complex changes.

I believe that would only effect user-only 'restricted' stories on AO3, but I'm not sure how big a set that is, so I'm gathering opinions.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:35 AM   #2449
ThatLibraryRat
ThatLibraryRat doesn't litterThatLibraryRat doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I believe that would only effect user-only 'restricted' stories on AO3, but I'm not sure how big a set that is, so I'm gathering opinions.
I don't know for sure how many I have (any idea how to go about making FFF help tagging them for a personalised column?) but I estimate having around a dozen of them in my 'in progress, may be updated' list. Since that category has around six hundred stories... really few?
Could you perhaps make a line in personal.ini to ignore the stories asking for the login and tagging them so they aren't drowned in the mass?
Any way, good luck at the drawing board.

Thank you infinitely for all your work!
ThatLibraryRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:49 AM   #2450
ILB
Connoisseur
ILB began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLibraryRat View Post
Could you perhaps make a line in personal.ini to ignore the stories asking for the login and tagging them so they aren't drowned in the mass?
That´s a good idea. If it´s not rational to adjust the login it would be helpful to know which stories are affected to manually get them direct from AO3.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #2451
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLibraryRat View Post
If you use the existing 'Update/Overwrite Error Column' setting under the Custom Columns tab, it will record the new error.

Thanks for giving me at least some rough figures.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #2452
firefoxxy
Connoisseur
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: (Sony PRS-T1) Kobo Glo HD
Hi Jimm,
I second ThatLibraryRat's numbers/ratio of locked stories on AO3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
it will record the new error.
I'm not using a column for that - will it still be shown as an error in the FFF protocol?
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #2453
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
Hi Jimm,
I second ThatLibraryRat's numbers/ratio of locked stories on AO3.

I'm not using a column for that - will it still be shown as an error in the FFF protocol?
I'm not sure what you mean by FFF protocol. The error appears in the log, if that's what you mean.

I'm going to post a test version with AO3 login removed shortly.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #2454
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-16
- Add --json-meta CLI option for --meta-only output, tweak --meta-only output.
- Remove AO3 login rather that try to update with extra .json call for token.

Will give new error:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login and user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #2455
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-19
- Change some network warning and non-halting error logs to debug due to QQ login showing them in CLI.
- Fix webnovel.com escaping again (#231) -- thanks, cryzed