Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #2446
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
I think it depends if it´s very complicated or complex to work in the changes. If the result justifies the expense.
If I already knew how many restricted stories there are as a percentage, I probably wouldn't be asking for opinions.

This is the second time in the last 30 days AO3 has changed their login, increasing the complexity. I haven't tracked down every detail, but it looks like it now uses JS to call a separate JSON URL to get an auth token for login.

Even if I continue trying to support AO3 login, it has become a moving target that may already be out of range.

Quote:
I´d prefer the possibility to download it with FFF
edit: How does it affect the "Get StoryURL´s from Email" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Question: if it needs a login, will we be asked? I seem to remember this happening (maybe not for AO3) before I set up my personal.ini the first time.
'Restricted' story URLs, regardless of source, will throw an error:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (%s) without login and user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site." % self.url

I believe lists (author pages and series pages) will not show you restricted stories when not logged in.

Oh, and without login, FFF will not be able to collect your bookmarks that you've added to stories.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #2447
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
@MerlinMama
I got the question for the login - although I have entered everything nevertheless came an error message:

Spoiler:
Failed to Login for URL: (https://archiveofourown.org/works/20...iew_adult=true) with username: (ILB_S)

I understood it so that the login itself has changed.
To input the login data in personal.ini helps only so you do not have to enter it manually each time. So it would not make a difference if FFF uses personal.ini or you enter the data yourself.
It´s the login process that changed - if I have not misunderstood.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #2448
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It´s the login process that changed - if I have not misunderstood.
Correct. FanFicFare cannot currently login to AO3 due to changes on the site.

I am on the verge of just removing the login code for AO3 from FFF rather than trying to keep up with their ever more complex changes.

I believe that would only effect user-only 'restricted' stories on AO3, but I'm not sure how big a set that is, so I'm gathering opinions.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:35 AM   #2449
ThatLibraryRat
ThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Frontlite Muse
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I believe that would only effect user-only 'restricted' stories on AO3, but I'm not sure how big a set that is, so I'm gathering opinions.
I don't know for sure how many I have (any idea how to go about making FFF help tagging them for a personalised column?) but I estimate having around a dozen of them in my 'in progress, may be updated' list. Since that category has around six hundred stories... really few?
Could you perhaps make a line in personal.ini to ignore the stories asking for the login and tagging them so they aren't drowned in the mass?
Any way, good luck at the drawing board.

Thank you infinitely for all your work!
ThatLibraryRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:49 AM   #2450
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLibraryRat View Post
Could you perhaps make a line in personal.ini to ignore the stories asking for the login and tagging them so they aren't drowned in the mass?
That´s a good idea. If it´s not rational to adjust the login it would be helpful to know which stories are affected to manually get them direct from AO3.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #2451
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
If you use the existing 'Update/Overwrite Error Column' setting under the Custom Columns tab, it will record the new error.

Thanks for giving me at least some rough figures.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #2452
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi Jimm,
I second ThatLibraryRat's numbers/ratio of locked stories on AO3.

Quote:
it will record the new error.
I'm not using a column for that - will it still be shown as an error in the FFF protocol?
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #2453
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
Hi Jimm,
I second ThatLibraryRat's numbers/ratio of locked stories on AO3.

I'm not using a column for that - will it still be shown as an error in the FFF protocol?
I'm not sure what you mean by FFF protocol. The error appears in the log, if that's what you mean.

I'm going to post a test version with AO3 login removed shortly.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #2454
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-16
- Add --json-meta CLI option for --meta-only output, tweak --meta-only output.
- Remove AO3 login rather that try to update with extra .json call for token.

Will give new error:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login and user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."
Old 09-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #2455
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2017-09-19
- Change some network warning and non-halting error logs to debug due to QQ login showing them in CLI.
- Fix webnovel.com escaping again (#231) -- thanks, cryzed
Old 09-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #2456
ThatLibraryRat
ThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enoughThatLibraryRat will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Frontlite Muse
Quote:
Will give new error:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login and user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without logging in and login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked."
You have a few repetitions that make it confusing.

Also, it looks like my stories from the spacebattles forum aren't being updated.
Ex: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...-cross.379348/
FFF is telling me stubbornly that the story hasn't been updated since August the 1th.
I just caught the issue today.
ThatLibraryRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #2457
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without logging in and login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked."
You have a few repetitions that make it confusing.
What wording would you suggest?

Quote:
Also, it looks like my stories from the spacebattles forum aren't being updated.
Ex: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...-cross.379348/
FFF is telling me stubbornly that the story hasn't been updated since August the 1th.
I follow that story too and it updated fine for me today. Do you have at least v2.17.1 of FFF?

Also, can you be more specific about how you are trying to update it and the response you get?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #2458
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
What wording would you suggest?
I also had to read it through a few times, because I knew you would have written it that way for a reason. Once I 'got' it, it made sense. The 'and' kept tripping me up. I think just the minuscule changes below would help, but that is my opinion only.

"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login. User/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."

"AO3 doesn't allow download of (<storyurl>) without login but user/password login by automated tools such as FanFicFare is blocked by AO3 site."

Perhaps @ThatLibraryRat could weigh in if that clears things up?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #2459
MrKonan
MrKonan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/Kindle App
Isues with FFF and SOL..

Hi, I'm having issues with FFF's "Get Story URLs from web Page (individual book)" on SOL (any authors) but example: http://storiesonline.net/a/Ka_Hmnd I only get about 10 item results from 7 pages of posted stories.
Here are the debug log and .INIs

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug_log.txt (9.5 KB, 166 views)
File Type: txt safe_personal_ini.txt (3.8 KB, 138 views)
File Type: txt plugin-defaults-ini.txt (109.2 KB, 212 views)
MrKonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #2460
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Multi-reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I also had to read it through a few times, because I knew you would have written it that way for a reason. Once I 'got' it, it made sense. The 'and' kept tripping me up. I think just the minuscule changes below would help, but that is my opinion only.
How about:

AO3 doesn't allow download of (%s) by tools such as FanFicFare. Automated user/password login is blocked by AO3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKonan View Post
Hi, I'm having issues with FFF's "Get Story URLs from web Page (individual book)" on SOL (any authors) but example: http://storiesonline.net/a/Ka_Hmnd I only get about 10 item results from 7 pages of posted stories.
Yep, that's the way it works. "Get Story URLs from web Page" work on individual web pages. Since those are 7 pages, you have to fetch them each separately.

The "Get Story URLs from web Page" code is shared across all sites which has the disadvantage that site specifics like that aren't supported. But it does have the advantage that you can point it at any web page that has story URLs, not just pages on supported sites.

Tags
fanfiction