Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
Sigil 0.4 not working in Debian Squeeze

Squeeze is dist-upgraded to 15 August.

When I do "/opt/sigil/sigil.sh" from the command line I get:

Quote:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXXX_3.4.14` not found (required by /opt/sigil/sigil)
I hope this doesn't mean running the latest Sigil is not an option for me.
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
I'm running 0.4.0 on Debian Sid, KDE 4.6.5, QT 4.7.2

However, since I'm just testing it so far I installed as a normal user into /home/<username>/sigil-04/

Also, I modified the sigil.sh batch file to include the following
Code:
## workaround suggested by Ahmad Samir, mobileread forums
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH
##  end of workaround
When I start the script from a terminal session, I see no error messages. Sigil just starts and (so far at least) seems to run as expected.

You might try that workaround. Sometimes it helps, and for other issues it doesn't. (e.g. KDE 4.7.0 )
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Also, I modified the sigil.sh batch file to include the following ...
Didn't help, but thanks anyway.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The version of libstdc++6 provided by Squeeze is to old. You would need to build Sigil from source.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
kmckinley

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The version of libstdc++6 provided by Squeeze is to old. You would need to build Sigil from source.
Well, your libstdc++6 is too new.

How much building from source would I be in for?

Your wiki page seems to indicate I would need to build Qt 4.7.3 from source as well as Sigil.
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
4.7.0 is the minimum required version.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote