Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo TouchC
Is it possible to change in-book Wikipedia's language?

Hello folks,

My kobo is on my native language, but I read a lot of content on other languages so I was wondering if it is possible to change the language of the deafault wikipedia in-book search to the language of the e-book that I'm reading ot at least set it to always saerch the English Wikipedia - it is more comprehensive.

A quick option to switch the language of the wikipedia article on the wikipeadia's pop up window would also be useful.
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
Mivey
Mivey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
Hello folks,

My kobo is on my native language, but I read a lot of content on other languages so I was wondering if it is possible to change the language of the deafault wikipedia in-book search to the language of the e-book that I'm reading ot at least set it to always saerch the English Wikipedia - it is more comprehensive.

A quick option to switch the language of the wikipedia article on the wikipeadia's pop up window would also be useful.
It default to English for me too. However, there is an easy way of looking for other languages on the mobile Wikipedia page:

If you tap that symbol it lists you all available languages of that particular page.
Mivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
See patch `Wikipedia Search language`.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #4
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivey View Post
It default to English for me too. However, there is an easy way of looking for other languages on the mobile Wikipedia page:

If you tap that symbol it lists you all available languages of that particular page.
My native language is NOT English, I would like to change to that or, preferably, the language of the book I'm reading - I read in 4/5 languages most of the time.

The problem is that some times I'm reading a eBook and try to search something from the context menu. If it find and compatible aticle if gives me the option to change the language, but it can, and usualy is the case that there is not an article for it on my native language from which I can jump to othe wikipedia of my choosing.

From my outside perspective I think that would probably be one of the easyest patches to implement. I wonder if it is the case that nobody requested such feature before.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Ramo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Did you just implemented it? I'm moved.

Thank you! Very, very much!

[As a suggestion for it to be a floating point to the language of each book - as I don't think there is a table with that information specialy for side loaded ePubs - you could use the language of the current dictionary choosed. I don't think it would be any easy but it is at least a way to start.]

{Would it be possible to change - preferably add - the encyclopedia? I know it is way outside of the broad specturm, but I would very much have the an easy button on my eReader to search the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (https://plato.stanford.edu/).}
Old 05-02-2018, 03:31 AM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramo View Post
{Would it be possible to change - preferably add - the encyclopedia? I know it is way outside of the broad specturm, but I would very much have the an easy button on my eReader to search the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (https://plato.stanford.edu/).}
They only publish it in pdf, not something I can work with.

Last edited by oren64; 05-02-2018 at 03:36 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, wikipedia's language