Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #31
dms
dms began at the beginning.

Device: ezReader Pocket Pro
Jim, Thank you. I did get a message today that my activations were cleared. I haven't tired yet, but thank you for your help and helping everyone out there.
dms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #32
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have this fear that I'll be screwed if I have this problem and Jim either retires, moves on to another company or stops visiting these forums. =(
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #33
w1nt3r
w1nt3r began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hi Jim, can you also reset mine? Case #0181418915. Thanks!
w1nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nt3r View Post
Hi Jim, can you also reset mine? Case #0181418915. Thanks!
EDIT This case was fixed on 02/04 (and still pending w1nt3r's confirmation that it was actually solved). 2 days seems to be about the average after all the information is gathered. I'm working with support to make that make that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
...I will jump in to fix things if you case has been dropped (I consider that to be more than a week) but I will need the case #. However the current average close rate for these support cases is 3 days (or at least that is what support tells me it is....).
Not yet - you just submitted your case.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 02-11-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Updated information
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #35
tonyfordham
tonyfordham began at the beginning.

Device: SonyPRS -600
I am based in the UK and cannot get a page where I can register my query/problem can anybody help.

Tony Fordham
tonyfordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #36
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

The Support Portal is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

Are you having problems getting to that page?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #37
tonyfordham

ADE error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

I have lodged a case with Adobe regarding the subject error and cannot seem to get a response from Adobe can anybody help as I have an unusable brand new Sony Touch Reader PRS-600. The case sent to Adobe was as follows:-

Case #0181421501

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:33:31 AM PST

I am using a Sony Reader with Adobe Digital Editions and I am trying to activate my Adobe Digital Editions so I can upload purchased ebooks and get the following message:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 6676:676:7676 urn:uuid:ff8a1a25-5995-49ac-ba9c-64ec32f6bc69

I have seen in the Forum that this issue has been raised by others.

To ensure it was not my Sony Touch Reader I contacted Sony and they tried a number of things from their side and then ultimately replaced the whole unit and I still get the Digital Editions error as indicated above.

Is there a way around this as I use my Reader on 2 machines i Desktop and the other a Laptop both running Vista Ultimate.
Browser: Firefox
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

Can anybody help or at the worse suggest a legal alternative software not removing the DRM.

Regards

Tony
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #38
Jim Lester
Evangelist

Tony,
I fixed your immediate problem, I've also responded on the Adobe forums where you posted.

Yes you can use the Sony Reader with multiple machines as long as both your Desktop and your Laptop are authorized to the same AdobeID. If you've done that it shouldn't ask you to reauthorize.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #39
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Jim as far as I know your efforts to help the people in this forum are above and beyond your normal job responsibilities for Adobe.

I hope someone in your management chain reads these forums and realizes how much good you are doing for Adobe.

I would put you in for a bonus if I could - best I can do is bump your Karma.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #40
tonyfordham

ADE error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Tony,
I fixed your immediate problem, I've also responded on the Adobe forums where you posted.

Yes you can use the Sony Reader with multiple machines as long as both your Desktop and your Laptop are authorized to the same AdobeID. If you've done that it shouldn't ask you to reauthorize.
Dear Jim

Many thanks uploaded books and all is well again.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 AM   #41
dadkan
dadkan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I get the same error "E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS ", submitted the problem
(Case #0181464660) and after 2 days they responded with the need of system info and my Adobe ID!
I could send them but how long will this time take, god knows.
I have also another case still open and no response.

Can anybody help me with that error? I booked an exam and i can't reed my book now.
dadkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #42
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadkan View Post
Can anybody help me with that error? I booked an exam and i can't reed my book now.
See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #43
Jim Lester
Evangelist

dadkan,
Without your AdobeID that you are using to authorize (which may or may not be the one you are using to log in to submit a web case) or the full exact text of the error message they will be unable to reset your activations.

Wallcraft,
Telling him how to circumvent the DRM when he no longer has the keys on the system is as unhelpful as Adobe support is currently being to him.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
I really did read on another forum (Dutch) from somebody who had two different Adobe ID's on two different computers and authorized his Sony Reader on both and could read books from both accounts at the same time on his ereader.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #45
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Telling him how to circumvent the DRM when he no longer has the keys on the system is as unhelpful as Adobe support is currently being to him.
His problem was not that he doesn't have the keys on his system but that Adobe's supports takes too long. Which is rather frustrating when you are before an exam. I can understand that, as an Adobe employee, you frown upon the idea of removing DRM, but when you are in a hurry it might be the only option you have. If Adobe and the publishers wouldn't make things so difficult people probably wouldn't need to go this direction.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote