Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question New Adobe ID with ADE 2?

I’m going to be setting up a new MacBook Pro. My ADE 2 account on my iMac was set up under an old email I no longer have access to.

Can I just open a new Adobe account with a new email, and start fresh with ADE 2 for use with Kobo and Overdrive?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It doesn't matter whether or not the email address you used to create the original Adobe ID is still in use or not. That's only of relevance at the time the account is created. As long as you know the corresponding password it'll work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Unfortunately, that’s the problem. I can’t remember the password, and there seems to be no way to retrieve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It doesn't matter whether or not the email address you used to create the original Adobe ID is still in use or not. That's only of relevance at the time the account is created. As long as you know the corresponding password it'll work fine.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In that case I think you have no choice except to create a new account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I’m going to be setting up a new MacBook Pro. My ADE 2 account on my iMac was set up under an old email I no longer have access to.

Can I just open a new Adobe account with a new email, and start fresh with ADE 2 for use with Kobo and Overdrive?
Do you still have access to the iMac? You may be able to copy a directory from your imac to your MacBook pro to get around activation.

I recently had problems with my 3m library account on a Windows machine. I tried a bunch of suggestions, and had to setup a new computer authorization, but before I did, I exported a registry entry. I was able to get back to my old activation by simply importing to the registry. Where I read about doing the export, there seemed to be a similar procedure for Macs by copying a directory.

Good luck.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade 2, adobe, macbook pro