Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Sleeping danger

Hi

I like to read custom made PDF in 9×12 format. There is still a small drawback I'd like to correct: when, a little sleepy, my thumb slides slightly on the left just to touch the right side of the screen (somewhere at mid-height), it produces a long press effect and shuts down koreader. It's usually at that time that I wake up.

It's the ebooker equivalent of falling from your bed.

It happened many times (that's life ) and I wonder if there exists an option to disable this dangerous -for me- feature. No long press on the screen to shutdown please.

Last edited by roger64; 12-17-2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: right side
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Is this something Kindle-specific? Or is it a "slightly" more involved

Menu → Exit → Shutdown

In the latter case I doubt there's anything that can be done. :P
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@Frenzie

I have not been precise enough but I can reproduce it at will: when reading a PDF, keep a long press on the right side of the screen, five seconds, twenty seconds, any time. Nothing happens.

But as soon as you take out your finger, you see a word (or part of a word) highlighted and then koreader shuts down. Welcome to kindle.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
It looks to me like crash, not shut down. Long press on a word should just highlight that word, after that dictionary is started. There were some problems with dictionary, I don't know if this is related and how it is with kindle.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:20 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
It looks to me like crash, not shut down. Long press on a word should just highlight that word, after that dictionary is started. There were some problems with dictionary, I don't know if this is related and how it is with kindle.
Agreed, sounds like a crash. But no, the dictionary thing is new Kobo-firmware exclusive and it doesn't crash KOReader itself.

There was https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3241 a couple of months ago. Could that be related?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote