Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #1
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Koreader could not be opened by click an epub file on the books list

After updating my KT to 5.3.7.3 and having jailbroken it again and installed all sort of extensions, Koreader couldn't be opening by clicking on an epub or pdf book. Every time I tried to open an epub or pdf file, a message would show saying "The selected application could not be started. ..."
However, on the KUAL extension list, I can open Koreader and everything works fine. I've updated KPVBooklet to 0.6.6 and the problem persists.
Any advice?
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
So, you are talking about a Kindle not your Onyx Boox x60?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
It looks like koreader has problems if it is called from other applications, like mentioned here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3537

From my perspective this is not a problem at all, as I only use koreader and it has everything I need, but I see that some people still want to use different book managers and open book from them.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
So, you are talking about a Kindle not your Onyx Boox x60?

Luck;
Ken
Yeah, Onyx Boox used to be the device I wanted to buy.
In the end, I chose Kindle.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
johnleo
Enthusiast

I've checked the github page for Koreader about this problem. But this issue was fixed as long as KVBooklet 0.6.6 was released. I don't know why it still persists for me.
https://github.com/koreader/kpvbooklet/issues/30