Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 12:54 PM   #76
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You'll get more flies with honey than vinegar.
Yeah, but you'll get more pickles with vinegar.

Everybody has to determine for themselves how much organization, metadata and searching capabilities they need. This also depends on context.

For books, I usually just need to sort by modify date. What I want is on the top. Rarely do I need to type a few characters into a search box to find what I need.

For my guitar transcriptions, I can selectively search by artist, title, tags, words in first line. I can sort by artist, title, year, modified. I can filter by done, WIP or TODO.

For transcriptions I find the effort to tag is worth it, for books it's not worth the bother. YMMV.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:17 PM   #77
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

I'll have to remember that. I'd rather get pickles then flies. But to each their own.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:25 PM   #78
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

Everybody has to determine for themselves how much organization, metadata and searching capabilities they need. This also depends on context.
My old aphorism had nothing to do with the question being asked. It was more about the tone of the sentence I quoted.

Also, pickles are gross.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:26 PM   #79
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Also, pickles are gross.
You, sir, are just wrong.

Is there not in Kyiv a statue to our pickled mushroom (and vodka) loving Behemoth?

(See: "The Master and Margarita", Mikhail Bulgakov)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	behemoth.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	200541  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote