Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2018, 04:56 AM   #1
phlame64
phlame64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question Automatically create Collection folders on device root when sending to device

Hello fellows, I've been long searching on the forum but couldn't come up with a proper solution. What I would like to achieve is storing books in such a folder structure on my Kobo whenever I hit the Send to device button in Calibre:

Code:
[Collection]/[Author]/[Title]
This is because I'm mainly using koreader on my Kobo Aura One as a great alternative to the default Kobo software (named 'nickel') and Calibre, by default, stores books on the device root according to the following folder structure:

Code:
[Author]/[Title]
Differently from the stock Kobo software, koreader doesn't have a Collection browser and presents you with just a file browser and, as you can imagine, navigating through all the author folders can get quite messy when you have hundreds of books.

So, is there any way to tell Calibre to create the above structure on my Kobo?

Thanks in advance to whoever will reach out!
phlame64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame64 View Post
Hello fellows, I've been long searching on the forum but couldn't come up with a proper solution. What I would like to achieve is storing books in such a folder structure on my Kobo whenever I hit the Send to device button in Calibre:

Code:
[Collection]/[Author]/[Title]
This is because I'm mainly using koreader on my Kobo Aura One as a great alternative to the default Kobo software (named 'nickel') and Calibre, by default, stores books on the device root according to the following folder structure:

Code:
[Author]/[Title]
Differently from the stock Kobo software, koreader doesn't have a Collection browser and presents you with just a file browser and, as you can imagine, navigating through all the author folders can get quite messy when you have hundreds of books.

So, is there any way to tell Calibre to create the above structure on my Kobo?

Thanks in advance to whoever will reach out!
you were SO CLOSE. Just put the field LOOKUP names in the { } (remember customs start with #, slash is a folder. a Leading slash starts at the root (or as close as the Mount allows)
Code:
/{#collection}/{Authors}/{Title}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, collections, kobo, koreader