Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 03:31 PM   #496
tykwytta
tykwytta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I can't convert the other format. If you provide me the bgl format or stardict, then I can.
Oh sorry, I thought those was stardict. Anyway, thank you very much for the one you convert.

Could you try this new one?
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 stardict-freedict2-spa-por-2.4.2.tar.bz2 (4.7 KB, 219 views)
tykwytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:59 AM   #497
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tykwytta View Post
Oh sorry, I thought those was stardict. Anyway, thank you very much for the one you convert.

Could you try this new one?
This seems a fake dictionary (or isn't a dictionary at all). Few KBs it too small a size... Moreover the conversion doesn't work
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #498
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
This seems a fake dictionary (or isn't a dictionary at all). Few KBs it too small a size... Moreover the conversion doesn't work
When I dig down to the .dict file, it appears to be a dictionary. Just one with very few entries that looks as if it has been truncated severely since it claims to match the spanish/english headwords collection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #499
tykwytta
tykwytta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I'm looking for any spanish-portuguese dictionary and that was the only one I found so far

Thank you
tykwytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #500
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One source you might want to check is Free Dictionaries on Sourceforge. The Spanish-Portuguese dictionary comes in two versions with the older 0.1.1 version having a human readable file while the 0.2.1 version uses the SLoB dictionary interface format (Sorted List of Blobs -- who thinks up these things?). Looking at the 0.1.1 version, it has, maybe, 450 entries. I've attached the 0.1.1 file to this message if anyone wants to try massaging it into a usable form.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 freedict-spa-por-0.1.1.tar.bz2 (5.3 KB, 198 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #501
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Thanks!

Last edited by loyukfai; 01-10-2019 at 10:28 PM.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #502
Marara68
Marara68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi,

Happy New Year!

I need a Finnish-English dictionary. If you have one please share it..
Marara68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #503
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
I can't convert the other format. If you provide me the bgl format or stardict, then I can.
I have an bgl dict that id appreciate assistance with converting.
Would you do it for me if i sent you the file?
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #504
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
I have an bgl dict that id appreciate assistance with converting.
Would you do it for me if i sent you the file?
You can send it
Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #505
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
You can send it
Sent you a PM
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:01 AM   #506
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Elrond en-it multidictionary

Elrond_v1

It is a raw and basic version. It lacks of IPA phonetics and inflections in several elements.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=426

Elrond_v6

Hi, I improved the english-italian multidictionary. Added:

- inflections
- IPA phonetics
- more definitions and entries to the first dictionary

The link is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CO-...ew?usp=sharing

Elrond_v7

I improved the previous version adding the label of the specific dictionary at the beginning of each entry.
The text format of the fourth dictionary has been corrected.
Minor tweaks have been done. You can get more info searching "about-this-dictionary". Here is Elrond_v7: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12h...7x5UhsHItxag3-

If anyone want to use one or more single elements of Elrond_v7, they are available here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MU...KfF7bYeDPeKZTS

Enjoy

Last edited by Owl_; 05-17-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #507
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Manwë en-en multidictionary

Manwë_v3

I found: 1) a good mobi version of "Wikt + CIDE" without repetitions or problems
and 2) A big and great en-en dictionary. Both of them report even the ancient and rare words. I added them inflections and IPA phonetics.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pH...ew?usp=sharing

Manwë_v4b

Here is the updated version. In the previous version the CIDE part of the dictionary was cut out of the editing and remained without inflections and phonetics.
Now I could separate each of the three parts and treat them separately.
You will find more infos searching inside it the entry "about-this-dictionary" (deeply sorry for my poor grammar )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13P...ayTw9gYMOyJxck

PS: I'm searching huge en-en databases (similar to google translate, www.wordreference.com, or www.dictionary.com ) for an ultimate version.
If you have them, you can contact me on mobileread or via email ioses_@libero.com (English->Italian databases are, of course, welcome too).

Manwë_v5

The previous version lacked of several special characters (Œ, œ, Æ, æ, Å, ö, Ü, etc.) that were replaced in the raw database with "?".
This drawback made several rare words unsearchable or bad-shown in the definitions.

Dictionaries questing, I bumped in a flawless database, that of course I widened and replaced.

You can download here Manwë_v5

PS: The third dictionary is labeled at the beginning of each definition. Searching about-this-dictionary you can get more infos

Last edited by Owl_; 05-22-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #508
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Hi, I improved the english-italian multidictionary. Added:

- inflections
- IPA phonetics
- more definitions and entries to the first dictionary

The link is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVd...ew?usp=sharing

Open the dictionary_en-it.zip file and you'll find the dicthtml-en-it.zip that you must copy in the .kobo / dict folder of your ereader

Hello @ Owl_ listen, I have a good Italian dictionary in mobi, I do not know how to convert it for mobi, I tried Plato and other programs, but I have not been able. Would you be able to create it from my file?

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #509
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Hello @ Owl_ listen, I have a good Italian dictionary in mobi, I do not know how to convert it for mobi, I tried Plato and other programs, but I have not been able. Would you be able to create it from my file?

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
Unfortunately a dictionary's conversion from mobi to kobo format it's a long-term (and often intricate) task. Try to wait
Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #510
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Unfortunately a dictionary's conversion from mobi to kobo format it's a long-term (and often intricate) task. Try to wait
Thanks anyway, it will mean I'll wait. The thing that I can not understand is that the basic kobo (at least as regards the Italian) has a really bad dictionary, it does not find 2 definitions on 3. Arrival from years of kindle, the kobo is a great reader and is a pity that those who produce it do not try to enrich the quality to compete with the kindle in an appropriate manner.
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries