Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #27931
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, original Papwerwhite, Fire HD 8
Oooh, that one's tough. Ilisidi could well be my favourite, but I'm also strangely drawn to Geigi as well.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #27932
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
Geigi is a wonderful character as well.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #27933
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Just finished "If On A Winter's Night A Traveller," by Italo Calvino and "The Conversations," by César Aira.

Still working on a wonderfully rich novel titled "The Mad Patagonian," by someone calling himself 'Javier Pedro Zabala.'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #27934
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I'll be starting The Left Hand of Darkness tonight as the NLBC pick for January.
Not a fan I'm afraid. Glad to have read such a seminal SF book but it was a slog.

Now I'm reading Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (tr. Ginny Tapley Takemori). It's short and so far intriguing.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #27935
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Back into poetry over the last couple of days, with a couple of examples that share a certain directness.

I started on Christina Rosetti's The Goblin Market and Other Poems for the book club here, and the title poem's imagery was so unsubtle that even a complete poetry novice like me couldn't miss the meaning.

Then I went back to The Taste of Words: An Introduction to Urdu Poetry, and read another VERY direct and unsubtle work "To the Sons of the East India Company". The poet claimed he wrote this in just 15 minutes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	notsubtle.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	169143  
stuartjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #27936
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Now I'm reading Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (tr. Ginny Tapley Takemori). It's short and so far intriguing.
I read this last year. It was a fascinating dive into conbini culture in Japan. I speak a little Japanese and the culture and religion of the region are of great interest to me. I read a good bit of Japanese fiction, and this was one of the most jarring ones I've read. Jarring in a good way. I'll be interested to see what you think.

I am currently reading Hild by Nicola Griffith and listening to A Delicate Truth for the NLBC February read.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote