Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
Revan
Revan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question Not able to select Koreader via Nickel...?

Hej everyone!

For my Aura One, I tried to install Koreader for better PDF view. So I installed the latest version of KSM (with the patch needed), and it worked fine. Then I tried to copy the Koreader files into the ".add"-folder. At that time I didn't get that "extract the folder" means "copy the folder". I thought it meant "copy the contents of the folder", so I copied all the files into the .add folder. Directly thereafter, I tried to start koreader via the koreader icon in nickel...

Two things happened:
-koreader doesn't work. I tried to delete the files from the .add folder it and try again the right way, but still it doesnt work.
-the icons in nickel stopped working, they just show the picture.

If anyone could tell me how to fix my mistake, I would be very glad! Would uninstalling everything an then trying it again the right way be enough? If so, is there a guide, threat or something reliable and understandable for people like me?

Best Regards!
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Actions like starting KOReader and exiting Nickel will only work if you started Nickel from KSM. By default KSM switches between booting into KSM and booting into Nickel.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
You have to copy the KOReader folder with all its files and subdirectory structure intact into the .adds folder.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
edlu
Enthusiast
edlu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Well I have the same issue. I have Kobo Aura one with nightly build - koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1457-g7feea40.zip , KSM 9, all working, I can start either nickel or koreader from KSM 9. When in Nickel only ONCE worked exit nickel, Koreader, or any of kbmenupngs, then it does not work. It opens up the image, rather than executing the exit from nickel, or starting koreader. So I have to hard press power button to shutdown nickel, then when it starts on KSM 9, select koreader.

Any help?
edlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would recommend asking in the KSM thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293804
Old 01-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #6
edlu
Enthusiast

Hey Frenzie, I'll do that.
In meantime running KA1 with nightly koreader, there are some bugs. Should I post them in github? one at a time?
i.e.
trying to connect evernote, after inserting username and password crashes koreader immediately.
highlighting - rarely I see the option to un-highlight, usually it is highlight, even after the part of the book is highlighted
so far I had no success connecting calibre. it fails, not sure if it is a bug.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Oddly, I just tried a highlight, to test evernote, and everything is slowed way down. So highlighting is messed up right now, at least on my AuraHD.

How are you trying to connect to calibre? Do you mean your device appearing in calibre when you connect with USB? Do you mean using calibre's content server and KOReader's OPDS function? Do you mean calibre's wireless connection to a device and KOReader's calibre wireless connection menu item?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Unfortunately I don't really know anything about Evernote.

@Ken
Could the highlight issue you're referring to be this? https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-360986821
Old 01-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Frenzie; I doubt it. If I were to guess I would suspect the background runner, as it seems that there is one to one and a half minutes delay from every touch/selection for anything, but the selected action eventually takes place.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #10
edlu
Enthusiast

@ ken: conn. with calibre via USB works perfectly. But it does not work via caliber wirelss service. It comes with with can't connect to calibre server.

Tried several times, rebooted, not working.
Highlighting: no option to un-highlight, the worse is you can select same text and highlight twice or more times.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard

When you click "Connect/share", in calibre, then on "Start Content server", do the three balls turn green? If so, do you then see an IP and port listed in "Stop Content server (IP,port)? Then, in the KOReader File browser Menu, Search Tab's "OPDS catalog" You should have a "Local calibre catalog".

Now when first setting this up, or if you change your PC or if calibre changes things or KOReader makes a change to this - then you will need to enter the Name as "calibre" and then for the URL enter the IP address and port, mentioned above as: 192.168.1.xx:8080 using the numbers given in the "Stop Content server" option. This should have the KOReader set to access the content server. You will need to select the "calibre" selection again, now that it is set up, and you will probably get the prompt to turn on the WiFi. After you have the WiFi on you will need to select the "calibre" selection again. This should finally get you to the catalog sort options. I usually just use the by "Newest".

(At some point soon the WiFi will "auto-start&end" upon using this function.)

If you long-press on the OPDS catalog entries you will get the option to "Edit" or "Delete" the entry.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #12
edlu
Enthusiast

Well good news Ken, I made it work. This works perfect with Calibre. I guess I didn't know I should create another conn. Once I did that it connected.
Thx
On another highlighting is gone bananas. Some pages in .epub does not work at all, I know when I increase line spacing from "medium" to "large" caused some issues with highlighting.

Furthermore, using this .epub book, so eliminates possibility of .pdf ocr, or pdf reflow issues. I selected word "from" dictionary gives a totally wrong definition - see picture (https://imgur.com/a/hp300). I have only one dictionary installed "webster's Revised Un. Dict. (1913). I got another dictionary, and it works perfect.

Last edited by edlu; 01-29-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 PM   #13
edlu
Enthusiast

I think it was the issue of "webster's Revised Un. Dict. (1913)", downloaded another dictionary works perfect.

Tags
fix, installation, koreader