Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #1
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Should I buy Kobo Aura H20 or H2O2 for pdf?

I am going to buy my first e-reader and I am set on either Kobo Aura H2O or the new H2O2. I read many pdfs and I am ok as long as I can install Koreader. But searching in the forum, there is yet no fix for Koreader in kobo aura H2O2.

Will H2O2 get Koreader in near future or has there been any good improvement than the original H2O2 pdf reader?

Thanks in advance.

update - 1: I am also thinking that there is higher chance of permanently bricking in new H2O2 as there is no internal sd card while in H2O i could open and repair the image in microsd.

Last edited by toodeeptofind; 12-14-2017 at 06:46 AM.
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you want to install KOReader, forget the H2O2. It is unknown if it will ever work with the H2O2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
toodeeptofind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you want to install KOReader, forget the H2O2. It is unknown if it will ever work with the H2O2.
Thank you for the info. How big is the chance of bricking H2O while instaling Koreader? I have read some had bricked their device and needed the flash file.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeeptofind View Post
Thank you for the info. How big is the chance of bricking H2O while instaling Koreader? I have read some had bricked their device and needed the flash file.
I cannot say. I've never tried it. But go to the KSM08 thread and read the entire thread and then ask any questions before installing. The thread is in the Kobo Developer's forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #5
toodeeptofind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot say. I've never tried it. But go to the KSM08 thread and read the entire thread and then ask any questions before installing. The thread is in the Kobo Developer's forum.
Thank you!

Tags
kobo aura h2o, koreader