Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #46
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
>curly apostrophe and curly right single quote

They're different? OMG. I thought they were the same (so does Bill Gates, I think, to judge by how Word replaces my straight quotes with curlies).
If you had quoted me correctly, you'd have seen that I said: "Some characters are actually the same, like curly apostrophe and curly right single quote" And that may be a problem if you want to replace single quotes with double quotes, as some instances must be replaced and not others (at least it's easier when they are correctly curled than when they are straight).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:51 AM   #47
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
All mine are straight to begin with, because I compose in WordStar. Then I do a search & replace in Word (also for double-hyphens, which become em dashes).

An interesting pooh trap is the apostrophe that appears at the beginning of a truncated word. Word of course thinks it's the start of an interior quote, so makes it lsquo, whereas it should be rsquo.

Sorry about the mis-reading! You really had me going there for a moment. I looked up the html tag for apostrophe and was horrified to see that it was straight! A life totally mis-spent; seventy years of proof-reading down the drain! Fortunately I decided to let common sense take precedence over '
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #48
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
What are your Sigil settings for Preserve Entities? And do you have Tidy on open/ save enabled.

KevinH
I realize that I never answered your question and this issue continues to vex me. I have the three types of nonbreaking spaces I've used listed in Entities to Preserve, and I have neither boxes checked on Automatically Clean html. I've upgraded to 0.8.7.

Neither numerical versions are retained (they are replaced with standard, breaking spaces when I reopen the file). I believe that the named entity is preserved now, but since I don't want it, that's not all that helpful!

Thanks for your questions and offer of help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 12.26.34 PM.png
Views:	172
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	142101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 12.26.27 PM.png
Views:	203
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	142102  
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote