Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
This is what you need to do to fully utilize the Android:

1. Tap on "Applications", this takes you to a new screen with all of the installed applications
2. If you have AndExplorer, you have 2.0.2 firmware and you should update your firmware to 2.0.3
3. If you have IOFileManager, then you already have 2.0.3 firmware.
4. Tap on Settings to set up you wifi
5. Tap on SlideMe (SAM) and search and download Launcher Pro
6. Hit the home button and make Launcher Pro your default launcher
7. You are set.

If you cannot go to the next screen by tapping on the "Applications" icon, I would reflash the firmware.

1. Press and hold the power button until "Power Off" appears, tap it to power the device off.
2. put the firmware in the root off the SD card.
3. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up button until you see an android/box with a progress bar.

To be safe, I always flash 2.0.2 first (http://www.mediafire.com/?vcvchc6jjhdkqba)
then flash 2.0.3

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-18-2011 at 12:12 PM.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
slowpoke
slowpoke began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 701
Thanks, Hiaig.

I have copied your advice and will try to implement it this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
slowpoke

PB 701 - Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
This is what you need to do to fully utilize the Android:

1. Tap on "Applications", this takes you to a new screen with all of the installed applications
2. If you have AndExplorer, you have 2.0.2 firmware and you should update your firmware to 2.0.3
3. If you have IOFileManager, then you already have 2.0.3 firmware.
4. Tap on Settings to set up you wifi
5. Tap on SlideMe (SAM) and search and download Launcher Pro
6. Hit the home button and make Launcher Pro your default launcher
7. You are set.

If you cannot go to the next screen by tapping on the "Applications" icon, I would reflash the firmware.

1. Press and hold the power button until "Power Off" appears, tap it to power the device off.
2. put the firmware in the root off the SD card.
3. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up button until you see an android/box with a progress bar.

To be safe, I always flash 2.0.2 first (http://www.mediafire.com/?vcvchc6jjhdkqba)
then flash 2.0.3

Cheers
Oh dear! The first time I get to "Applications" is on the bluish screen I described earlier (that comes up after unlocking). The applications icon cannot be opened. The menu button gives me a small section at the bottom of the bluish screen with five icons. No application but "settings". Tapping settings gives me Applications. Tapping this gives "Manage applications" (= no third party apps) and running services. This screen also shows "Pocketbook Widget" which I cannot open.

So I must try your second set of suggestions. But I don't know how to "put the firmware in the root off the SD card" - so far as I can see, I cannot do any operation except those pitiful ones I described. Is there something I can do through a computer?

, after going through the process I described earlier, tapping "Settings".
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Oh dear! The first time I get to "Applications" is on the bluish screen I described earlier (that comes up after unlocking). The applications icon cannot be opened. The menu button gives me a small section at the bottom of the bluish screen with five icons. No application but "settings". Tapping settings gives me Applications. Tapping this gives "Manage applications" (= no third party apps) and running services. This screen also shows "Pocketbook Widget" which I cannot open.

So I must try your second set of suggestions. But I don't know how to "put the firmware in the root off the SD card" - so far as I can see, I cannot do any operation except those pitiful ones I described. Is there something I can do through a computer?

, after going through the process I described earlier, tapping "Settings".
use your computer to download firmware 2.0.2 and copy it over to the sdcard.

then go through the steps of flashing the firmware.

Cheers
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #20
slowpoke

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I kept bashing the "Applications" icon on the bluish screen and it opened! Now I can see all the widgets, including OI File Manager and SAM 4.0. But when I tap SAM it gives me "Sorry! The application SlideMe etc has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then I must tap "Force close" to go back to the widget screen.

What to try now? I feel I am closer.

If I must download 2.0.2 I can't find it, just 2.0.3 updates for downloading. And then I don't know how to "go through the steps of flashing the firmware"!

I feel like a total idiot!
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #21
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I kept bashing the "Applications" icon on the bluish screen and it opened! Now I can see all the widgets, including OI File Manager and SAM 4.0. But when I tap SAM it gives me "Sorry! The application SlideMe etc has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then I must tap "Force close" to go back to the widget screen.

What to try now? I feel I am closer.

If I must download 2.0.2 I can't find it, just 2.0.3 updates for downloading. And then I don't know how to "go through the steps of flashing the firmware"!

I feel like a total idiot!
2.0.2 can be found in the mediafire link that is next to the firmware in my post above (post 16).

Cheers
Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #22
slowpoke

Hi Hiaig.

Don't let go of my hand! I got what seems to be 2.0.2. On the SD card I now have 2.0.3 unzipped and 2.0.2 zipped. What do I do now?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
hiaig
Addict

Flashing 2.0.2:

copy the file and only this file to your SD card:

pocket.IQ.firmware 2.0.2_041210_NA_PB701SWUPDATE.zip

1. Press and hold the power button until the power off screen comes on.
2. Press power off.
3. Press AND hold BOTH the power button and the volume up button until a screen with the box, yello arrow and android logo comes on
4. Let go of the buttons.
5. IQ will reboot afterward.
6. Go through the set up steps on the screen.

Now you are ready to flash version 2.0.3:

Delete the 2.0.2 firmware from your SD card, copy this file to the SD Card:

userupdate091210_common_PB701SWUPDATE.zip

Follow the steps outlined in version 2.0.2.

Cheers
Old 01-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
slowpoke

Good morning.

Copied the 2.0.2 onto the SD card, deleted 2.0.3. Put the card in and started up, with power button and volume+ both pressed. No change: "Thank you", etc., seven letters, lady bugs. I suspect that I must delete or remove the 2.0.3 from the PB first but don't know how.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Good morning.

Copied the 2.0.2 onto the SD card, deleted 2.0.3. Put the card in and started up, with power button and volume+ both pressed. No change: "Thank you", etc., seven letters, lady bugs. I suspect that I must delete or remove the 2.0.3 from the PB first but don't know how.
did you press and HOLD until that screen, with the box, arrow and android logo, shows up and THEN let go?

Was there a progress bar showing that the firmware was being flashed?

If you did that and the IQ reboot then firmware 2.0.2 has been flashed.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-20-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #26
slowpoke

I pressed and held for some time: "Thank you",etc screen, then the seven letters and then the power off screen. I then released the two buttons.

I wonder if the Book is reading the SD card. In the Settings, the SD card is shown with total and available space 0.00MB. Internal memory is shown a 38.13 MB, which surprises me.

Last edited by slowpoke; 01-20-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #27
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
I pressed and held for some time: "Thank you",etc screen, then the seven letters and then the power off screen. I then released the two buttons.

I wonder if the Book is reading the SD card. In the Settings, the SD card is shown with total and available space 0.00MB. Internal memory is shown a 38.13 MB, which surprises me.
that could be the problem. You did format you SD card FAT32 and not NTFS right?

Remember you need to turn off the IQ first before you can reflash. That means holding the power button until you see the "silent mode/ ariplane mode / power off" screen AND touch the power off to turn the unit off.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #28
slowpoke

I didn't do anything to the SD card except install the 2.0.2 firmware. In settings I see the item "format (erase) the SD card" but nothing happens when I tap this.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #29
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
I didn't do anything to the SD card except install the 2.0.2 firmware. In settings I see the item "format (erase) the SD card" but nothing happens when I tap this.
if you have a card reader for your computer, can you tell me what file do you have in your SD card right now?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #30
slowpoke

It has the address I copied from you: pocket.IQ.firmware etc. The card is FAT.

Tags
pocketbook iq, slideme